Karndean Flooring advice

(3 Posts)
bessie26 Wed 03-Jun-15 10:17:58

We're having some Karndean flooring installed tomorrow (v.excited!) - has anyone got any advice for me about caring for it?

It's going to be by the front & back door (DH, 3 small DC & 2 cats), so I need to get some good door mats (Turtle Mat? Or something else?) Also, what's best to clean it with?

TIA

Chopchopbusybusy Wed 03-Jun-15 10:38:21

We have it in the kitchen and utility room. It's very hard wearing and in my experience doesn't need much attention. We got a starter pack of cleaners with it. I have used the maintenance cleaner but never the stripper stuff and we've had it for three years. Any gentle floor cleaner would be fine. I do have a doormat in the utility room. Just a doormat. Nothing special.

Gozogozo Wed 03-Jun-15 11:24:06

Turtle mats are great; stick in washing machine on gentle care & they come up like new.

What I wish someone had told me:

Get any loose/creaking floorboards nailed in before they do the feather touch undercoat.

Examine carefully for loose corners of the karndean tiles before signing off & paying final amount.

Examine carefully for stray bits of glue & make sure floorlayers clean them off before leaving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now