Ironing boards.

(3 Posts)
Pipbin Sat 30-May-15 08:25:20

My ironing board needs replacing.
They seem to be either £250 or £25. (Prices exaggerated for the purpose of this post)
What do the expensive ones do that means they cost so much?
Unless they do it for me I can't understand the expense.
Is there something I don't know?

Rascalls3 Sat 30-May-15 09:30:55

Mine is a Brabantia ironing board. Cost about £70 from Tesco. It is much larger and sturdier than a cheaper board. Makes ironing bedding much easier ( with the help of a steam generator iron) It is heavy to put up and down, but I wouldn't go back to a cheaper board.

e1y1 Sat 30-May-15 11:20:56

Same as a above. Mine in brabantia and was 70ish from Amazon. The dearer boards are much larger and sturdier and DO make ironing easier. Also they usually have a dedicated holder for steam generator irons, so should imagine this is why they're a little dearer.

Thinking in the way that an ironing board should last at least 10 years that's only £7 a year.

I really don't mind spending a bit extra on stuff as I just break the cost down by how many years I'm gonna own it.

Sometimes, it's worth paying that bit more.

I know people who spend 200 on a washer and then moan when it breaks down after 2 years; I think that's good going. Getting 10 years or so out of it is not gonna happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now