Boring Miele question - opinions please!

(7 Posts)
blimppy Tue 26-May-15 12:43:47

I need a new vacuum cleaner to replace my much loved, and very old Miele. Have decided to stick with Miele, and as I have a long haired cat, fancy the cat and dog model. Anyone know what the difference is between the C2 and the C3? The latter seems quite a lot more, but is it worth it?

rabbit123 Tue 26-May-15 15:14:47

The C2 Complete and C3 are virtually identical. On board tool storage, they take the same bags and same tools.

The C2 Compact has smaller bags, lower power and the tools don't store on board.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KGVK0EE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1432551993&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=miele+cat+and+dog&dpPl=1&dpID=41mfY8t8uIL&ref=plSrch

Yorkshiremummyof4 Tue 26-May-15 15:19:03

The difference is the powered end, the C3 seems to be some new one that picks up more and the C2 is the powered brush end the same as the older models. Ours is 10 year old and still going strong. We bought the pet one. Ours is similar to the C2.

rabbit123 Tue 26-May-15 15:40:39

The C2 Complete & C3 have the same tools and same turbo brush for carpets. The C3 is lighter and has electronic button power controls. The C2 has the older style variable power dial. Performance wise, there's no difference between the 2.

The C2 Compact has a more basic suction only tool but does come with the turbo brush.

blimppy Tue 26-May-15 21:03:58

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking C2 Complete will be the choice. Now feeling ridiculously excited about a new vacuum cleaner - I really must get a life!

PigletJohn Wed 27-May-15 00:04:41

the C3 is a bit bigger.

You can get various powers in both versions, and there is a Cat and Dog version of each. "Powerline" seems to have a more powerful motor. They have been changing the motor design, the newer one uses less electricity but is alleged to be equally powerful

They seem to have different coloured bodies depending on which version you get. I got the black C3 (no dog)

examples from the pictures you can see which ones ought to come with a turbobrush, but I found some retailers have inaccurate illustrations, so read the spec.

There is always something on special offer. I don't like Currys as a shop, but they are sometimes cheapest.

rabbit123 Wed 27-May-15 12:20:34

The C3 and C2 complete are the same size. Both are 59cm in length and both take the GN 4.5 litre bags. The C3 is slightly lighter though as its a newer design.

The C2 Compact is smaller and lighter than both but has less dust capacity and doesn't have the on board tool storage like the Complete & C3 do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now