Sick on sofa, how to remove smell

(5 Posts)
bookwormbeagle Sun 24-May-15 12:46:25

Our lovely sofa has been (tmi) vomited on by a child sad. Covers have been removed and will be dry cleaned but unfortunately it's soaked through to the covered foam section and stinks! I've tried sponging it with diluted anti-bac multi cleaner solution a few times and it's air drying now but the smell is not going. No idea what to do now - help please, any suggestions? TIA

DoItTooJulia Sun 24-May-15 12:48:57

Bicarb. Sprinkle it on like shake and vac. Leave for as long as possible. Vacuum up.

Repeat until it's gone.

Steam cleaning soft furnishings can help, but not drying it out properly could be a problem, so I wouldn't if it's an expensive sofa and it may leave a tide Mark.

Air the room too.

bookwormbeagle Sun 24-May-15 13:02:52

Thank you for the tip. I've got some bicarb in the cupboard so will try that - will it be okay to sprinkle on whilst the cushion is damp or better to let dry first do you think?

Rascalls3 Sun 24-May-15 14:14:04

Shake on a layer of bicarb onto the damp cushion leave for a few hours until dry. Hoover up and repeat.

DoItTooJulia Sun 24-May-15 14:37:58

Do it damp. It'll soak up the moisture and hopefully the smell while its at it!

Let us know if it works smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now