Need a new dishwasher...

(18 Posts)
Ain626 Fri 22-May-15 20:59:25

I am not the person in the know when it comes to dishwashers. When we bought our house (just over a year ago) we actually got all the appliances with it. Previous owner was very open about what she was planning on leaving behind and how old the appliances were. We knew we'd have to replace them soon-ish, but as first time buyers it was a great help for us.

Short version of that is... I have got used to having a dishwasher, this one has now broken, need a new one. Never bought one before. No idea where to start. A graphite/silver one would match the washing machine (a graphite hotpoint) but not essential.

Beko

Hotpoint

Bosch

Slightly different price ranges.

Does someone with more knowledge than me mind looking them over? Or possibly suggesting a different one?

Appliances and gadgets are not my strong point!

domesticslattern Fri 22-May-15 21:06:02

You can get a free trial of Which and look them up.
Then cancel obviously.

WeAllHaveWings Sat 23-May-15 23:27:53

The Siemens SN26M253GB is the 2nd highest rating silver one on which site@ £400 (highest rating silver one is samsung £899).

WeAllHaveWings Sat 23-May-15 23:35:42

None of the Bosch silver have been given reviews yet on which so don't know it they will be higher or lower , there are a few white ones rated and the rates vary from best buy down to only 42%. So worth checking models on which site.

rabbit123 Sun 24-May-15 21:58:40

Bosch and Beko are both very good options. Bosch tend to be more solid than Beko but both wash well.

I wouldn't bother with anything Hotpoint anymore, they've been crap for years now.

SisterNancySinatra Sun 24-May-15 22:02:56

I bought a hot point ( quite expensive) a yeAr ago and it's already been thrown and replaced . The microchip/board went and it was unrepairable . I've got the cheapest currys own brand now and paid for insurance .

DramaAlpaca Sun 24-May-15 22:11:54

I have that Bosch one you linked to. I'm very happy with it. I got it because my previous Bosch lasted 18 years, so I went for the same make.

I'd definitely recommend it.

Finola1step Sun 24-May-15 22:15:52

One word... Bosch. Everytime.

Missingsleepandthecat Mon 25-May-15 17:23:30

We have a Beko and its great, its much more solid in comparison to a Bosch one we looked at.
It has 2 leaver things on the top rack to raise the height of it, the plate thingies in the lower rack fold flat so you can get bowls or pots in nice and easy.
Oh! and the buttons on ours are on the top edge of the door so DGD can't mess with anything when she's visiting and its running, its amazing!! grin
I can't believe Im getting excited over a dishwasher blush

Madbengalmum Mon 25-May-15 20:23:26

Just got a new Bosch after finally giving up on our 15 yr old bosch, the new machine is great.

Ain626 Mon 25-May-15 23:51:58

Thanks guys. Am leaning towards the bosch one I have to admit.

Ain626 Mon 25-May-15 23:56:42

Oops. Posted before I meant to... blush

The hotpoint was the least favourite out of the three I posted before.

Will re read the info on them again and order one tomorrow I think.

e1y1 Tue 26-May-15 05:49:11

Yes, Bosch tend to be the best ones (besides Miele from what I have heard).

I've had AEG and Kenwood, they were both fine, not what you're looking at though smile

Ain626 Tue 26-May-15 15:43:36

I've ordered the Bosch one. Should be here tomorrow. So long as it cleans dishes it's all good. grin

smearedinfood Tue 26-May-15 19:52:56

Hijacking ever so ruthlessly, my hot point has died. DP wants to replace with a really quiet one. Is the Bosch quiet?

DramaAlpaca Tue 26-May-15 21:03:07

smearedinfood - in answer to your question, the Bosch is very quiet.

Ain626 Wed 27-May-15 17:24:54

So the Bosch arrived, and has had it's first load this afternoon. I have clean dishes. It is pretty quiet - forgot it was on!

Only one wash in, but so far I am happy with my purchase. Thank you all for your help. grin

NotCitrus Wed 27-May-15 17:47:18

Bookmarking page - my 15yo Bosch recently died but had a spare dishwasher (obscure Italian make) and while it works, it's really getting on my wick - it has no timer display so no idea how long it will take, it beeps when done until someone goes to stop it, and all the prongs are too close together so you can only fit plates or bowls in every other one. And the racks are shorter than in the Bosch - so result is I can only get 2/3 as much in even with practice. It also has some really stupid knife racks that you can't remove.

So when I have money, will take some crockery to the shop with me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now