bedding?

(8 Posts)
FromAtoZ Sun 10-May-15 22:57:49

What do you have on your beds? And how often do you wash your bedding?
That's it really. My MIL things I'm strange confused

We have a fitted sheet on the mattress, then a flat sheet to go over us and then a quilt on top of that.

I was the 2 sheets and pillow cases every week and the quilt cover once a month.

tilbatilba Sun 10-May-15 23:11:39

That sounds about normal though I have a mattress protector too. I wash the duvet cover every week with the sheets as well. Sheets etc more frequently in summer.

FromAtoZ Sun 10-May-15 23:16:26

I have mattress protectors on the kids beds but not ours. My MIL washes her bedding daily! I couldn't be bothered

LikeABadSethRogenMovie Sun 10-May-15 23:18:56

I have the same, with the kids getting a fleecy blanket in the winter. They don't really need it, but it's snuggly and we get a lot of snow. I wash everything weekly. I would do it more as I love the feel and smell of fresh bedding but it's bad for the environment not really. I'm just too lazy

MissusThePoint Sun 10-May-15 23:20:47

Why does your MIL think you're strange?

vvviola Sun 10-May-15 23:22:00

Daily?? shock

Admittedly I'm doing that at the moment as DD2 is wetting the bed a lot, but it isn't by choice.

You have the bed the way my DM does, and I would too, except my DC were blanket haters as babies, and will still often go to sleep with no blanket, so plain duvet on the bed is easier to cover them up.

Washed weekly-ish when not occupied by bedwetters

gamerchick Sun 10-May-15 23:24:08

Daily is excessive although I would love to get into a fresh bed like that every night grin

Weekly is enough or more in hot weather but still not daily.

FromAtoZ Sun 10-May-15 23:30:15

She thinks I'm strange because I use a flat sheet, I've told her it's cos it means is we have a particularly hot - sweaty- night then I can just change the sheets which is much easier. Plus it keeps my expensive duvet covers bobble free.

I think she has some OCD she does have some strange cleaning habits to be honest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now