Bought a 120v magic bullet from the it only fit for the bin

(8 Posts)
lovinbeingmum Sun 31-Aug-14 22:11:49

So I was silly and didn't check whether it was or wasnt a dual voltage (120/230v) piece of equipment. In my defence, isn't everything these days.

Anyway, am now stuck with a magic bullet which I really really like but can't use. Any advice on how I can use it in the UK?

It reads 120v, 250w max.

Adaptors of that wattage cost more than the magic bullet. Checked amazon :/

kansasmum Sun 31-Aug-14 22:25:37

I have a few lamps and a Kitchenaid stand mixer I brought back from the USA and yes have to use a voltage converter every time. The one for the Kitchenaid is quite heavy although it's not huge but I LOVE my Kitchenaid so it's worth it.
Can you not return it saying you didn't realise about the voltage?
If you really love it and will use it a lot then a voltage convertor is probably worth it.

kansasmum Sun 31-Aug-14 22:27:39

Ps How much did you pay for the bullet! I would have to look up what I paid for my converters but I didn't pay mega bucks and didn't get them from Amazon.

lovinbeingmum Sun 31-Aug-14 22:44:12

Picked it up for $40. Cheapest converter I see is £17 and just 45W. Pricey and may not give the same performance either.

Where did you get your converters?

specialsubject Mon 01-Sep-14 10:42:34

you can get liquidisers for a tenner in Sainsburys.

tempted to say that you should plug it in because the best thing to do with these scam devices is to blow them up...

SenatusPopulusqueRomanorum Mon 01-Sep-14 21:57:43

This is probably not going to help you, but DH made me a converter for my Kitchenaid stand mixer.

I love my Magic Bullet. I bought my first one 8 years ago. The second one is still going strong and I use it everyday.

lovinbeingmum Wed 03-Sep-14 14:59:08

senatus lucky you. I couldnt borrow your DH's electrical skills, could I? smile

lovinbeingmum Wed 03-Sep-14 15:00:53

special wish it was just a liquidiser.....there's just something about it (followed by deep sigh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now