ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Vax Vacuum Cleaner - should it be so hard to push-pull back and forwards??

(7 Posts)
Vikkil1 Fri 29-Aug-14 13:38:12

Our Dyson Animal recently exploded and as we weren't overly impressed with it, we have replaced it with a Vax, this one:
www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2620110.htm#pdpFullProductInformation
It seems fine on our hard wood floors but when I went to use on the bedroom carpets, I could hardly push it - forwards is just about ok but it doesn't pull back smoothly at all, I have to pull it back with some force. Its like the suction is incredibly strong, a good thing in once sense as it certainly cleaned the carpet well, but it wasn't a smooth action. I have a bad lower back and could really feel it after vacuuming just two rooms. I can't imagine someone with a worse disability or an elderly person using it at all, its that hard to move.

If that makes sense to anyone, or if there are fellow Vax owners out there, I'd be interested to hear if that's normal!!

TIA

Strawdolly Fri 29-Aug-14 13:54:46

Is there a button you can press to change it from hardfloor to carpets? Could it be that?

Vikkil1 Fri 29-Aug-14 14:01:16

No definitely not that, its on the correct setting for carpets. thanks though smile

BauerTime Fri 29-Aug-14 14:21:35

Ive got a vax and its the same. When i was towards the end of my pregnancy i couldn't manage it. Ours was only a cheap one (£60) and every time i use it i think we should get rid and buy a new one, but as we only have carpet in 2 rooms and I sweep the laminate/tiles I end up talking myself out of the expense. Plus it does get up loads of dust so its very effective even though its a nightmare to use.

Vikkil1 Fri 29-Aug-14 14:28:00

thanks BauerTime We are really happy with the results, it is loads better than the Dyson. We have a black pug who sheds a lot of short black hair so can really notice it works! It is just really hard work to use, but maybe it is the brand. I'd never heard of them but found loads of good reviews and the Argos discount meant we could go with a more expensive model. thanks again.

BauerTime Fri 29-Aug-14 14:38:54

Ive got a handheld dyson and its shite. I use it on the stairs as the vax is also so heavy!

e1y1 Wed 03-Sep-14 13:08:46

Vikkil not relevant really, but honestly you had never heard of Vax?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now