Where can I buy nice furniture suitable for toy storage that doesn't look like kids' furniture?

(8 Posts)
Nononon Sat 23-Aug-14 14:11:56

We are extending our kitchen into a big kitchen/diner and turning our dining room into a small sitting/play room. I don't want it looking too childish though as is right at the front of the house and you need to walk through it to get to the kitchen - it's not going to work as a shove everything in and shut the door and forget about it kind of room. Therefore I want to find some practical toy storage that when it's all tidied away will look grown up and stylish(ish) . Any suggestions?

Flisspaps Sat 23-Aug-14 14:21:46

We have a big Welsh dresser in our playroom - the toys

Flisspaps Sat 23-Aug-14 14:33:13

The toys all go in plastic boxes which sit on the bottom of the dresser - shut the cupboard doors, all tidy!

Pinotgrigioplease Sat 23-Aug-14 15:03:59

Large ottomans are good.

They double up as storage and seating.

PPaka Sat 23-Aug-14 15:08:53

What about this type of thing ?l

and here

Nononon Sat 23-Aug-14 15:23:34

Thanks for the suggestions. The low Laura Ashley furniture looks good although have heard bad reviews on Mumsnet about Laura Ashley furniture recently

PPaka Sat 23-Aug-14 15:29:17

I've got that modular stuff, lasted 7 years so far! It's very solid
They always have sales

erin99 Sun 24-Aug-14 20:17:39

What about something like this furniture123.co.uk/bluebone_savoy_oak_2_drawer_chest_with_6_baskets_hco30

Or a nice big sideboard that's mainly cupboards. Can't beat expedit/kallax for storage and price efficiency though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now