Help needed - where do you store all your small household stuff?

(11 Posts)
samesh1t Sat 19-Jul-14 15:41:34

Our house is quite minimal and free from clutter but we do seem to have a growing collection of essential household items which I'm finding to be scattered around the house. Would be nice to have it all in one place.

Like batteries, string, blu-tac, sellotape, presents I've bought ready to give somebody etc.

Where do you put all this 'stuff'?!

Pangaea Sat 19-Jul-14 15:46:07

A have a cabinet in the dining room that has 4 drawers and two cupboards and is exclusively full of crap.

Snozwanger Sat 19-Jul-14 15:52:55

We have a 'man drawer' in the kitchen for this stuff.

PinkSquash Sat 19-Jul-14 15:54:01

I have a couple of drawers in the kitchen, I am looking for neater ways to store the items though.

JWIM Sat 19-Jul-14 16:12:00

We have a hall cupboard that hides two sets of 4 plastic drawers - one on top of the other. From the top - spare pens/pencils, cards, wrapping paper, sellotape/scissors etc, spare doc files,plastic slips, cables!, variety of lightbulbs, variety of batteries, adaptor plugs here/abroard.

samesh1t Sat 19-Jul-14 17:14:20

^ I would love a hall cupboard.

I would really love a single place for all this stuff but not sure where I can fit that in sad

Etihad Sat 19-Jul-14 17:19:20

We've got one of those over-door shoe holders, with see-through pockets - on the back of utility room door, but they could also go on the wall. Great for random bits n bobs.

Iggly Sat 19-Jul-14 17:20:26

A chest of drawers in the utility room and a kitchen draw as well.

foreverforaging Sat 19-Jul-14 20:52:59

I've got one of these in a drawer. It holds batteries, paperclips, safety pins, rubber bands, blue tack, pencil sharpener, rubber, pritt stick, pens, pencils and other bits of random.

I also have a present drawer under the bed.

I like someone's suggestion of the over door clear storage thingy...

WaitingForMe Sat 19-Jul-14 21:05:10

I have a drawer in the living room sideboard. I keep Yankee candle jars and store pens, staples etc neatly arranged in them.

Sandthorn Sun 20-Jul-14 13:22:55

We have a drawer-of-crap in each of the dining room, the spare room and the study... Over time, the contents homogenise, so we end up with duplicates of everything. That means it's time to spend a morning re-sorting them: Sellotape to the study, matches to the dining room, unused Christmas cards to the spare room, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now