I need an amazing vacuum cleaner - what do you recommend?

(34 Posts)
Grockle Sat 28-Dec-13 14:27:11

Must be:

powerful
good with dog hair & sand, mud from little boys
long cord
large capacity (preferably bagless, I think)
store tools on board
not too heavy (I have ME so get very tired very quickly)

I loved my Miele pull along one but got fed up with the small bag filling up with dog hair every time I used it. I replaced it with a pull along Hoover which is ok but nothing is as good as my original, British made Dyson DC01.

BananaNotPeelingWell Mon 30-Dec-13 11:01:51

Emptying a Dyson is grim and makes me wheeze. Dyson seem to bang on about bagless as being a wonderful thing, but it's def not imo. Yes you have to buy bags for a SEBO but they last a long time and are clean and easy to change.

Grockle Mon 30-Dec-13 17:11:12

Emptying a Hoover is horrible but if prefer to do that than have old dog smell everytime I vacuum like I do now (& with old Miele cylinder too) - that's why I want a bagless one. I don't even have a particularly smelly dog but my Hoover smells hmm

PigletJohn Mon 30-Dec-13 19:56:48

I wash the filters so I can swap for a clean one every time I change the bag, and sponge out the inside of the cavity usually when I change the bag. Occasionally I wash the hose and snouts in the sink. It all helps keep then fresh. No dog now.

MuttonCadet Mon 30-Dec-13 20:01:31

I love my Mercedes 1117 upright, very strong suction, light and small.

princessalbert Mon 30-Dec-13 20:01:40

I bought a SEBO upright a few months ago, after being recommended one on here.

I love it. Only as pricey as a Dyson, but far more effective imo.

It is heavy though, so not great for hefting upstairs.

princessalbert Mon 30-Dec-13 20:02:45

Yes to SEBO bags lasting a while.

I have had bagless for the past few years, but this one has bags and I much prefer it. I have only changed the bag twice - in umm 6 months?

olivo Mon 30-Dec-13 20:08:09

We ve just ordered a lightweight vax from amazon. We currently have a days on but the suction seems to have gone,a plus it seems really heavy for carting up and down all the stiars.

Cosmos123 Mon 30-Dec-13 20:29:09

Miele cat & dog

Aaliyah1 Mon 30-Dec-13 21:04:24

Kirby or Miele wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now