Another heated clothes airer question (sorry!)

(68 Posts)
Madratlady Sun 13-Oct-13 22:32:23

So I want to save money by not using the tumble dryer. I could buy a heated clothes airer. Could some of you people who already have one answer me a few questions about them?

- which one would you recommend? Lakeland? Something else?

- how quickly do they dry stuff? Could I put it on in the morning and have dry clothes by evening?

- can you fit a full load on one?

- does the water coming off your clothes make the room damp?

- some people have said on other threads that you need to put a sheet over, does that mean literally drape a bed sheet over or what? I see that some of them come with covers, are those better?

QOD Sun 20-Oct-13 13:53:01

And you get a £50 naked wine voucher .... My 6 free bottles arrive tomorrow and then I won't give a toss of my laundry is wet or dry anyway grin

MistressIggi Sun 20-Oct-13 14:32:47

I got my wine last week, but am trying to be good and keep for presents! Well, maybe one or two..
I am warming to my airer, if I hange most of the wash up on usual roof rack thingy but take the harder to dry items/the ones I want ready quicker and put them on the airer it works well. Fewer items obviously dry faster. I also like using it in the half-way position, takes up less room and I can drape clothes on the three surfaces and also hang them on the back, touching several bars instead of just one. I definitely have been slower to turn the heaters on, based on having this available.

WherewasHonahLee Mon 21-Oct-13 13:26:40

Rattitude Did you get one from Aldi? I'm considering one as they're much smaller than the Lakeland ones. The Lakeland dryers look a bit more solid though...

Rattitude Mon 21-Oct-13 21:57:19

Wherewas, no, I didn't, sorry! I already have two clothes dryer (non-heated ones) which work for me, as I do a couple of washes per week max.

I can't remember spotting them in my local Aldi though.

QOD Mon 21-Oct-13 22:08:58

Mine arrived today from Lakeland, dh is decorating so I'll get it up tomorrow and see how we go!

Rattitude Tue 22-Oct-13 18:25:50

Wherewas, 2kidsintow got the Aldi one and seems impressed with it. She has a thread about it.

Matchette Mon 13-Jun-16 21:19:07

Hi all, I just got the three tier and it dries very well and quick but only around the bars, the low part of Tshirts for example still take ages to dry!

Any tips please?

applesandpears33 Tue 14-Jun-16 22:29:42

You can lay t shirts across the bars, rather than hanging them through the bars. This can help them to dry a bit faster. I tend to leave small items for the bottom layer though and hang bigger items above.

HisNameWasPrinceAndHeWasFunky Wed 15-Jun-16 13:58:14

I get up to 3 loads on my Lakeland drier with a load of sheets/towels thrown over the top. I sleep in the same room as the drier (small flat) so I often use it in combination with a humidifier. It's excelllent.

HisNameWasPrinceAndHeWasFunky Wed 15-Jun-16 13:58:34

with a DEhumidifier!

Matchette Wed 15-Jun-16 14:33:49

Haha yes I was about to say, a humidifier??? Hehe

Thanks for the answers. When you lay the Tshirts, I presume you don't do one Tshirt for one top, do you lay like 2,3 or Tshirts together? Mens Tshirt ;) ?
I noticed his jumpers as well don't dry under his sleeves cause it has to be a bit folded to be put flat... Any tip for that?sorry that sounds anal but I really would like it to work as expensive?
Any pics by any chance?

HisNameWasPrinceAndHeWasFunky Wed 15-Jun-16 16:30:41

I don't lay things flat on mine (unless they are delicate and need it), I drape them over each bar so they hang down.

Matchette Wed 15-Jun-16 18:21:07

When I do that it dries where the bar is and what is hanging stays damp even when I use the dry soon cover! :/

HisNameWasPrinceAndHeWasFunky Wed 15-Jun-16 18:26:31

Using the hanging method I get 3 loads dry in about 12-15 hours (covered).

Matchette Wed 15-Jun-16 19:06:07

Sounds great but seeing some other comments I'm not the only one to have this issue and I'm trying to find somebody who managed to find a solution

hotdiggedy Thu 16-Jun-16 23:17:44

I keep thinking about getting one of those from lakeland but i worry about how much space it will take when folded up.

user1464934899 Fri 17-Jun-16 07:31:32

I have a Fine Elements Foldable Heated Airer.

First of all let me start by saying this foldable heated airer has been an excellent purchased for me. It is really easy to fold and unfold it and there's also enough space to hang quite a lot of clothes. Another positive is that the clothes get dry very fast and as I don't have a balcony or enough space in the flat it makes life much easier.
I am really happy that i actually got one of these.

Hope this helps

Notonthelawn Fri 17-Jun-16 07:36:23

I lay all mine over single bars, I use the cover also.

I always put my washing on an extra spin before I empty the machine.

Ive never had any wet clothes, after 12 hours, even jeans dry really quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now