dishwasher question. can anyone help?

(14 Posts)
gettingaway Wed 29-May-13 08:53:51

my Neff dishwasher display light is flashing (no 7 on the instruction booklet) and its not starting. no noise or anything from inside. i have cleaned the filter. it was clean anyways. there is some water at the bottom of the filter. any suggestions?

SoupDragon Wed 29-May-13 09:09:38

You might want to be more specific.

gettingaway Wed 29-May-13 09:42:11

sorry what do mean by more specific. that is all that is happening as far as i can tell. the dishwater wont turn on. the controls turn on light etc but other than that its not working.
i have recently moved into the property and have used the dishwasher a few times with no problems. this is the firt time it has had any problem. i dnt knw what to do with it.

SoupDragon Wed 29-May-13 11:13:42

Well, what dishwasher model it is for a start smile
"7 on the instruction booklet" may be no help as 7 may something different in each booklet depending on model (in the random one I googled, it was the timer delay indicator if that helps). Does the booklet say what "7" is?

gettingaway Wed 29-May-13 12:07:17

oh ok sorry soupdargon (its my first dishwasher). well the booklet says 7 means Cleaning Display. the model is SD6P1F and its by NEFF.

SoupDragon Wed 29-May-13 12:29:05

This?

gettingaway Wed 29-May-13 14:30:11

thanks soupdragon that is it. will try suggested once i understand it. seems complicated to me.

Monty27 Wed 29-May-13 14:32:16

Switch it off and on again at the mains smile

SoupDragon Wed 29-May-13 14:43:47

It looks like you just press the buttons in a certain sequence and dance widdershins twice round the kitchen by the light of a full moon and this resets the console and runs a diagnostic cycle.

Switching it off at the mains is my default fix-it for most things though grin

gettingaway Wed 29-May-13 16:25:15

hahaha thats so funny SoupDragon.

switching it off and on at them mains is also the extent of my technical ability. that didnt work.

will try the dance though. should i unload the dishwasher or not before doing it?

SoupDragon Wed 29-May-13 16:32:32

Heaven knows - try both smile

gettingaway Wed 29-May-13 19:50:21

Alas even my dance didn't work sad have unloaded it. Will call someone about it tmrw. Thanks for your help SoupDragon

Monty27 Fri 31-May-13 00:14:54

It wants salt, not salsa? grin

NeuNewNouveau Sun 13-Sep-15 15:08:41

I know this is a zombie thread but what was the answer OP?? I have the same problem but I don't have the right buttons to press, just a selector so can't even try that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now