Keeping cricket whites white

(10 Posts)
diavlo Tue 07-May-13 18:09:30

I'm to sure this is even possible, but so far I have tried oxy-action stuff, Nappisan soaking, Aries actilift, sunlight & washing at high temp but nothing gets the grassy/muddy stains out!!!

Any magic treatments out there that I don't know about??

fromwesttoeast Tue 07-May-13 21:21:10

I'd love an answer to this one too!

ilovepowerhoop Tue 07-May-13 21:49:45

have you tried rubbing washing up liquid into the stains before rewashing?

NormanTheForeman Tue 07-May-13 21:51:22

Not really. You just have to accept that they go green (and get holes in the knees). Just see it as a sign your son is an ace fielder... wink

Wuldric Tue 07-May-13 21:53:54

Cricket whites are meant to end up 50 shades of green

gobbin Wed 08-May-13 19:09:33

Yeah, don't bother. Use the time saved on something more interesting! (gobbin, owner of two grass-stained cricketers!)

I never got, either, why my mate always dressed her young lad in white socks then moaned at him for getting them dirty/green when taking his shoes off and running around the outfield. Life's too short!

EldonAve Wed 08-May-13 19:18:23

tesco bio liquid seems to be working fine on ours - at 40 degrees

dementedma Sat 11-May-13 22:03:53

Not a problem I have here in Scotland but ds's kilt socks are manky as he has been wearing them inside his wellies!

ohforfoxsake Sat 11-May-13 22:10:22

Vanish anti-bac (the green one) is the best thing I have found for whites. I don't get the grass stains out completely because I can't be arsed to make a paste/scrub with it.

Lakeland to something, a paste (wonder white or something) which is meant to be good for stains. I have some in the cupboard (something else I haven't been arsed about blush)

jalopy Sat 11-May-13 22:14:47

I wouldn't worry. They all look white from a distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now