Zoflora - what can I do with it?

(47 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Fri 01-Mar-13 11:36:32

I've seen Zoflora mentioned on here a lot but never really known what it is so, today, when I saw it on the shelf in the supermarket I bought some on a whim (Fresh Linen fragrance I think it is?).

Whats the best way of using it?

starfishmummy Mon 16-Mar-15 23:04:05

I have warm cinnamon. It is very potent. Dh keeps
thinking I have cooked a curry!!

foreverton Mon 16-Mar-15 22:30:36

Zoflora fans- please try "country garden" it's in a,lime green box and is amazing! As is "bouquet".
Both are available at home bargains for 59p.

Hayleyburton89 Mon 16-Mar-15 17:45:43

I also had some to my steam mop! It makes the room smell amazing! I have the Lily one but have just bought 'hyacinth' smile

Tinamoo Fri 22-Mar-13 18:40:40

I love it. I put a few drops in my steam cleaner to do the floors. I found a couple of days ago that it is fantastic for cleaning windows, mirrors etc. I have always struggled to get my windows smear free. I mixed a little bit with some water in a spray bottle. I used microfibre cloths to wipe on and then a dry one to dry off. My windows are smear free for the first time ever. Normally I spend more time trying to get rid of the smears than cleaning the windows and I have tried all sorts of different cleaning products/methods. smile

DCIlouisemonroe Sun 17-Mar-13 15:20:03

Is it really toxic to cats?

I have used it for years and I have cats...

Bloody Nora.

CheungFun Sat 16-Mar-13 19:28:53

I use it to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors. DM says the nursing homes she worked in also used it to clean the toilets.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Sat 16-Mar-13 19:22:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 16-Mar-13 16:10:58

Yes, I think I just happened to find one last bottle in the shops. Which means I will have to find another fragrance to be "the one." This is a pitty!

I didn't like Lavender. I will try "bouquet" next. If I like it, I will buy several bottles.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 15-Mar-13 20:03:02

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 15-Mar-13 20:01:41

NorbertDentressangle Fri 15-Mar-13 19:44:39

I've been desperately searching for the Warm Cinnamon but can't find it anywhere.

I have discovered that the Pound Shop sell (other fragrances of) Zoflora though.

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 14-Mar-13 21:09:39

This thread inspired me. I have wanted to do something to leave a "signature scent" in the homes I clean but I didn't want to just spray crap around. Another cleaner told me that he uses Zoflora on the door frames (? Yeah, weird,I know) to leave a scent that greets the customer when they come home. I figured I'd use it on my dusting cloths. You know how you slightly dampen them to dust? Well, I spritzed mine with a Zoflora solution.

I tried the Lavender scent, first, but didn't really like it. Then I found Warm Cinnamon one and tried that. I love it! I use it on my duster and I also spray the Henry filter and bag with it. And, I put a little in the mop water when I cleaned the kitchen floors. I also sprayed some inside waste baskets and onto toilet seats and flush handles. Both of my customers came home as I was finishing up and they both raved about the smell.

GetOrf Wed 06-Mar-13 18:33:34

Ooh at warm cinammon.

Yes my gran's vim container was all rust speckled. I wonder if they still make vim - god that cleaned the bath well. Probably caustic soda grin

I had no idea it was harmful for cats, mop the bathroom with it and my 4 cats also follow the mop - I do dilute it a lot for mopping though.

The lavender one is a bit bloody strong. But the others are good.

Re festive smells my mil had clove oil in a burner the otjher day - her house smelled wonderfully christmassy.

nothruroad Wed 06-Mar-13 18:24:07

I used the warm cinnamon one to wash floors and wipe down kitchen and bathroom surfaces at Christmas time - made my whole house smell very festive.

NorbertDentressangle Wed 06-Mar-13 17:33:30

Blimey Captain. I wish it had that sort of effect on me! My house could do with a good mop.

I bought a small plant spray bottle for 80p from Wilkinsons and put a small amount of water in it with a few drops of Zoflora. Great for using on the table (oil cloth type cover) after we've eaten and all sorts of other quick clean-up jobs.

CaptainMartinCrieff Wed 06-Mar-13 08:34:38

I just cleaned my floor with it because of this thread. At 8am on my day off. What am I thinking?

Mynewmoniker Tue 05-Mar-13 17:12:24

I put it inside the vacuum bag Melfish.

higgle Tue 05-Mar-13 15:59:01

In the mop bucket for final rise over when dog has had unexpected diarrhoea and the place stinks to high heaven. Warm Cinnamon is best as it replicates a more healthy kitchen odour.

Melfish Mon 04-Mar-13 18:34:34

I hate the smell of bleach so I use Zoflora for those sort of jobs (except cleaning the loo). I like the springtime fragrance. One thing I remember is that you shouldn't mix it with Stardrops, not sure why.
For those of you advocating putting it in the hoover, where should I put the j-cloth soaked in it? I have a henry, should I put it in the vacuum bag?

NaturalBaby Sun 03-Mar-13 21:37:37

No good for my cats who follow me as I mop!
Our house smelt of dettol when we moved in, after potty training 2 boys I think my toilets need a good dose.

reliablemillipede Sun 03-Mar-13 20:14:09

Put undiluted on a damp cloth and wipe over kitchen tops, will eliminate even the smelliest of curry smells and leave the kitchen really fresh,have also put a capful in the sink with a drop of boiling water from the kettle, also acts as a great cooking smell cover-upper.

Seabright Sun 03-Mar-13 09:15:30

Their website is very good. Has a section on pets, apparently OK so long as they don't lick it or walk on wet Zoflora'd areas

Mynewmoniker Sat 02-Mar-13 19:54:38

I wish there was a scratch n sniff section here hmm

NorbertDentressangle Sat 02-Mar-13 18:33:32

I didn't realise that there was a citrus one.

I went for the Linen Fresh one as the others all seemed a bit too floral.

ooh, just had a look at the website and seems they even do/did a limited edition
Warm Cinnamon one. I'd love to try that one!

SwedishEdith Sat 02-Mar-13 18:22:04

Mine's Springtime but I'm inclined to buy more now thanks to this thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now