Ergoflex Mattress - anyone had one for a couple of years?

(5 Posts)
scarymamma Mon 25-Feb-13 15:39:58

We have had a Sealy Mirrorform memory foam mattress for about 5 years. In the last 12 - 18 months it's totally lost it's supportiveness around the lower back/hip area and consequently I'm having really bad lower back pain that stops me sleeping and makes me sore and stiff all morning. I know it's my bed that's causing the problem as when I'm in a different bed the back pain disappears. I've seen both Tempur and Ergoflex mattresses recommended, but many people have reported similar long term problems with Tempur mattresses (and they're way too expensive to have to replace every 4 years!). Has anyone had long term (12 months+) experience with an Ergoflex mattress?

Dirtydiana Tue 26-Feb-13 18:45:22

We are currently looking for a new mattress and have been looking at the mirrorform, Tempur and Ergoflex. I am having problems with lower back pain. Will be interested in any replies you get!

Elsy Wed 27-Feb-13 09:26:21

I've had an Ergoflex mattress for just over 2 years. I haven't had any problems with it yet - it's still supportive and comfy. The only thing that bothers me about it is the cover that comes on the mattress and pillow - it is made of a fleecy material and the inner fleecy stuff rubs off into little cottony balls and makes lumps inside the cover. Washing doesn't get rid of the fluff so you have to take them all off by hand - v tedious and messy.

LorraineM1 Sun 22-Feb-15 11:10:36

Got an Ergoflex mattress over 3 years ago now for my teenage daughter, who LOVES it and would not part with it ever. She complains if she has to sleep on any other mattress now. Not my personal choice of mattress but if you're a memory foam person, they certainly last well. The fleece thing does happen but occasional vacuuming solves the problem (I've done this once recently). Came across this thread as I wanted a memory foam pillow for myself, and was planning on buying from the same company.

B1gdaddy Sat 26-Nov-16 16:36:06

A little late for the OP but my experience of this mattress is not a good one. I wake up daily with aches and pains in my lower back, neck and shoulders, as does my partner. The aches and pains quickly subside once up and out of bed. I note that you cannot find any bad reviews for this mattress, which I believe is due to the company scouring the Internet and having them removed. I read one on Trust Pilot in which the person actually said they'd removed at few of his negative reviews. Forget the 30 day returns guarantee as they just try and convince you to persevere. Besides, it has to be returned at your cost and it is fairly heavy so carriage won't be cheap. The mattress feels lovely, soft and squidgy when you press your hand into it but I don't feel comfortable once I've been laid in it a while and I'm convinced I can feel the firmer foam peaks underneath the softer layer. I'm around 6ft and 14 stone, my partner is about 9 stone, but she feels the same so I doubt it's a weight issue. I rang them and had a very long conversation but all they did was convince me it must be my pillows. I have tried several types of new pillows but I know that it is the mattress that is causing us all these aches and pains. It has to go. I'm actually scared to buy a new mattress in case we get it wrong again, but anything must be better than this Ergoflop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now