ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Laundry/potty training

(4 Posts)
Piemother Tue 15-Jan-13 22:37:13

Dc1 has regressed back to loads of accidents - lots of wet clothes. Clothes are still smell of wee after washing even with much stinkier fabric softener. What am I doing wrong?

sausagesandwich34 Tue 15-Jan-13 22:51:49

Have they got a water infection? Strong smelling urine and frequent accidents in a previously dry child would be common symptoms
For the laundry, soak in bicarb solution before you put in the main wash

crunchingicicles Wed 16-Jan-13 00:50:02

In terms of the laundry itself, soak/knead each piece of wet clothing in cold water then wring out, do this a few times so that most,
if not all, of the urine goes. Should smell much better already. Then continue to wash as usual. I'd opt for a 40C wash (in case you're using a 30C cycle). Also, with smellier things I've found that using prewash (with powder in the prewash & main wash sections of the drawer) very good. Another trick is using a pleasant smelling disinfectant liquid like this in the soft rinse section of the drawer. Haven't had to do this when I rinse out urine soaked clothes first.

Piemother Wed 16-Jan-13 11:39:47

Thanks folks I will try those grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now