Merry maids or maid2clean?

(7 Posts)
EclecticShock Sun 20-May-12 13:25:34

Does anyone use either, what are your experiences? I'm having a problem finding a cleaner that actually cleans thoroughly and doesn't just mop in the middle of the floor smile

Gincognito Sun 20-May-12 19:41:53

We're happy with our cleaner, found through Maid2Clean.

trixymalixy Sun 20-May-12 19:44:34

I use maid2clean too, and have had several different cleaners through them, some were fab, some were dreadful, it really varies, but if you're not happy you can ask for someone else.

NewAge Thu 24-May-12 09:38:13

I found my cleaner through Home Maid Clean. She has been our regular cleaner since 2010. I am very happy with her. When she is on a holiday they are sending a replacement smile

golemmings Thu 24-May-12 10:04:26

We used merry maids but sacked them after they insisted on shutting all if the internal doors and we had a free range cat. It was mostly a problem only because they used to come on a Friday and if we were away for the weekend we'd go straight from work and come home on Sunday to find a cat who had been shut out of the kitchen with no food or water. It's a shame because they cleaned beautifully!

My parents used maids2clean for someone to supplement their existing cleaner and do the ironing. They went through the cleaner who would only clean round things, the one that dad had to teach to iron, the one who used to leave half way through the 2hrs claiming to be finished but hadn't actually cleaned anywhere that was out of mum's line of sight, the one who didn't turn up and lied to the office about it...

They did eventually get someone who turned up, could use an iron and was able to clean.

I think they're only as good as the cleaners on their books...

skydiver81 Tue 10-May-16 18:03:58

Beware I had some awful damage done to my home when a cleaner refused to listen to instructions and then just left so when I got back from work the place was a mess and damaged.

Cleaners I had had would not do the work and would leave early. I had similar problems with the first two cleaners and then I had a great one. I was sad to see the cleaner leave. I was then given another cleaner. I did not receive the references I requested but I was assured she was ok. This cleaner did not do the work, stood there chatting, left early etc. I left very clear instructions and a bucket of cleaning products. However, when I returned the cleaner had used cillit bang(!) on my cooker and left it and hardly done any cleaning! It was at this point I rang maid to clean having been assured that they were insured and was informed of the £100 excess! I was absolutely livid especially when the hob was badly tarnished and the pictures next to the hob dials had been melted off.

I cancelled my subscription immediately - sorted the damage as best I could and now I don't let anyone near my house cleaning wise. I am absolutely disappointed that cleaners are used that don't know how to clean or just see it as an easy lazy job. I started with a cleaner after an operation and I couldn't iron or clean but I wouldn't have one again now.

Maid2Clean have refused to do anything about it and instead of offering me an apology tried to sell me more services!!I

Hedgeh0g Tue 10-May-16 18:09:27

Maid2clean is a franchise, and we used to use them until our local franchise owner basically went AWOL. I only found out when the monthly payment bounced and I was told by the bank that their business account had been suspended. Head office said there were 'personal issues'. We arranged a private agreement with our cleaner from there. To be fair, they were fine up until the point where they disappeared and had found us replacement cleaners in the past when we weren't happy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now