Advertising for a cleaner

(8 Posts)
tranquilitygardens Fri 30-Sep-11 17:16:37

Hi, what wording should I use?

I also wondered what was the going rate for private cash in hand cleaners in the South East of England.

I was thinking of advertising in the local paper shop.

Any other tips are welcomed.

Many thanks

redglow Fri 30-Sep-11 19:14:52

£10 per hour.

DreamTeamGirl Fri 30-Sep-11 21:36:56

Wanted:
Experienced domestic cleaner required for x hours per week in local property
All products supplied
References required

Pay negotiable and dependent on experience up to £11 per hour

Contact xx on xxx to arrange interview

Paula67 Wed 02-Nov-16 17:34:11

Hi I'm looking for a domestic cleaner in Peterborough, can anyone recommend someone please? About how much should I pay for a couple of hours twice a week?
Thank you

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Thu 03-Nov-16 05:15:37

Please use an agency. I could turn up at your door with a list of references who are actually my friends. It's the same as letting a complete stranger in your house and leaving them too it.

Sosidges Thu 03-Nov-16 08:50:35

SE is a big area, closer to London then up to £15 per hour. Only advertise this way if you are going to be home when the cleaner is working..

Get her to complete a simple form asking for a few personal details, like you would for any employee. Warning bells should ring if she is unwilling to give her address or addresses of previous employers. Agree a 2 or 3 week trial period when she starts, in case you are not happy. I would choose someone who lives locally and go and look at the address she provides.

The advert should just state the size of the property and number of hours required. In my 20 years experience, avoid anyone who quotes a very low hourly rate. A good cleaner is proud of the work she does and expects a respectable wage.

Sosidges Thu 03-Nov-16 08:51:48

Just seen that this is an old thread. Did you find someone OP?

Paula67 Thu 03-Nov-16 11:37:07

Thanks for the above comments! I'm looking into all different options and will be at home due to health reasons. Still looking atm. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now