which way round to you point the ironing board when you iron?

(12 Posts)
nowwearefour Thu 14-Jul-11 16:41:29

and which-handed are you? my dh and i are both right handed but he points the board with the rounded end to the right, i to the left. neither of us could imagine being able to iron with it the other way around. which one of us is strange?

mogs0 Thu 14-Jul-11 17:27:40

I'm right-handed and point the board to the left.

pallymama Thu 14-Jul-11 17:29:26

Right handed, point the board to the left. DH is left handed and still hasn't figured out how to put up the ironing board. hmm

Right handed, point to the left - that way you can put the iron down on the "blunt" end between items, and position the next item over the point. I'd have thought your DHs method must be quite tricky hmm

basingstoke Thu 14-Jul-11 17:49:36

Left handed, point to the right. Is he so productive he never puts the iron down or something?

MerryMarigold Thu 14-Jul-11 17:52:46

I point the round end to the left and I am right handed. I don't see how you could do it the other way as your hand would be all twisted wouldn't it? Gotta see your dh iron!

Chipotle Thu 14-Jul-11 19:11:20

I do the same as you, DH does the same as your DH (we are both right handed). I don't understand how he can possibly iron that way, but he does!

nowwearefour Thu 14-Jul-11 20:05:47

oooh i am so pleased! there is a lot of twisting around going on. i think he copied his mum. it is odd but so far it seems like i am the more normal one! chipotle- isnt it strange to watch?!

BlooCowWonders Thu 14-Jul-11 20:21:00

I'm always confused - taught to iron by my left-handed mum, so I'm ambidextrous when it comes to ironing.

catinthehat2 Thu 14-Jul-11 20:21:53

Most boards have a heat resistant end. That's where you would put the iron to rest. Hence it's got to be on the side where you are'handed surely.
Doesn't he burn himself?
confused

echt Fri 15-Jul-11 07:09:55

isn't this a bit like the "which side do you dress on?" for gents?grin

jenniec79 Sun 17-Jul-11 11:11:25

I'm right handed. I have the bit to rest the iron on to my right for preference. My DM does the same (probably where I got it from) but she's left handed.

It also has to have to do with the logistics of power sockets and TV line-of-sight (I'm a reluctant laundrywoman)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now