Condenser tumble dryer problems - please help

(9 Posts)
Rolf Mon 20-Dec-10 18:03:49

I have a Bosch condenser tumble dryer which generally works fine. It has a water container and when the container is full, the dryer stops and a "container" light comes on, so I know I need to empty the container.

Recently the "container" light has lit up and the drying cycle has stopped. (which means the water container needs emptying) when the container is already empty. So I guess something is wrong with the system that detects when the container is full. But how do I fix it? I don't want to spend Christmas draping soggy laundry over radiators. I've booked a call-out but we're out of warranty so it's going to be £££.

Any ideas?

louandcupoftea Mon 20-Dec-10 18:22:22

if it is the same as mine, the fluff can build up between the removable door piece and the open part at the bottom of the door. You may be able to stick a stick in and remove a build up of fluff that is trapped and makes the machine not work. Hope you sort it.

onessa Mon 20-Dec-10 19:26:14

Hi I have a BOSCH condenser drier. Had similar problems. Try these---remove fluff filter and hoover it and hoover the space it had come out of. Do you have a double fluff filter? We had a single one and BOSCH sent us one of the double ones which is better for filtering dog hairs etc.Then make sure the water holder bit is thoroughly clean. Ours was a bit 'slimy'.Then, inside the drier are 2 humidity sensors. Make sure these are clean and dry.
The problem wth ours was hair/fluff going under the fluff filter which the man found out when he arrived to fix it! The other bits were what we were told to check on the phone before the chap arrived.
Good luck--its awful without a tumble drier especially at this time of year.

Rolf Mon 20-Dec-10 19:38:43

Thanks guys smile.
Onessa our water container is a bit slimy, too. How did you manage to get it clean? It's quite fiddly isn't it?

onessa Mon 20-Dec-10 19:55:16

Washed it in the sink with hot water and washing up liquid and bottle brush & pan scourer then dried it with kitchen roll. Hope it works!

onessa Sun 02-Jan-11 19:50:32

is it working now???

tazzy123 Tue 18-Jan-11 15:29:19

I have a hoover condenser, it works ok but for the passt couple of days there has been an awful smell coming from it, its almost a mechanical smell, I really dont have the money to call anyone out to fix it, has anyone experienced this before??

lasatalayas Thu 17-Dec-15 15:48:38

Hint - the actual filter that needs cleaning is 6inches inside the machine after opening the bottom cover.

Ima56 Thu 14-Apr-16 15:56:43

I have Hoover condenser dryer plug nearly went on fire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now