Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Single ovens with timer to turn on?

(9 Posts)
Mumtogremlins Sun 02-Oct-16 22:27:04

Bit of a boring question but want a single integrated oven that has a timer on it so it will switch on and heat up when I'm out. It's impossible to hunt through the instructions for every oven on the market as the descriptions don't mention it. The only one I've found is the Hoover wizard oven. Any one got one that turns itself on?!

SocksRock Sun 02-Oct-16 22:28:10

I've got a Bosch one that does it. I think most do? With mine I set the amount of time I want it to cook for and the end time and it does the rest.

SocksRock Sun 02-Oct-16 22:30:02

Modern ones heat up quickly though, mine gets to 180deg in only about 5min - if it's just preheating you are interested in. I use the timer function to do meals that are ready when I get in.

Mumtogremlins Sun 02-Oct-16 23:19:17

Most have programmable timers but is that just to set cooking time when you put food in? Or set it to come on and pre heat? It's been so long since I bought a new oven that I'm not used to all the functions. Good that they heat up quick though - mine takes about 20 mins!

SocksRock Mon 03-Oct-16 15:54:54

I guess you could do the following - if you want tea for 7pm, it takes 45 minutes and you will be walking through the door at 6.15pm - just set the timer for 55 minutes to finish at 7pm in the morning and then it will come on at 6.05 and be warm when you walk through the door at 6.15pm to put the food in. Most modern ones will have this facility.

SocksRock Mon 03-Oct-16 15:56:29

You are looking for the ability to have a programmable timer, if that helps...

Mumtogremlins Mon 03-Oct-16 23:06:09

Great, thanks, that makes sense. Will have another look at some more ovens

Mummyto2bubs Mon 03-Oct-16 23:12:23

I have a Bosch that does it too. Although I have never used that function so can't comment on how good it is, but it looks good!

SocksRock Tue 04-Oct-16 13:55:44

It's fab! I use it when I'm in during the day - I'll prep a meal,shove it in the oven and then programme it to finish at 7.30. Then I can de with school run, bath, homework without worrying and tea for DH and I is ready once kids in bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now