Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Does anyone have a 'small double' bed?

(6 Posts)
WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Tue 30-Aug-16 19:46:02

Our spare room is pretty small and the bed is a nightmare to get around. A small double would be a much better size but I'm just wondering if two people can sleep on it comfortably? We have occasional visitors usually just for one night. Any opinions?

Hulababy Tue 30-Aug-16 19:48:51

We have a small double in our spare room. To fit a full double we would have to remove the radiator and I didn't want to. We do also have a full double width sofa bed in the study.

When we have guests they are only staying 1 or 2 nights, rarely (if ever) any longer.

We have had about 3 couples visit since getting it, plus a few children of varying ages. All have chosen the small double when given the option, and all have said it was comfortable.

Cabawill Tue 30-Aug-16 19:56:17

We have one in the spare room. It's fine for 2 for a couple of nights, not ideal for much longer than that though really.

monal Tue 30-Aug-16 19:59:27

How wide is that? Our main bed is 140cm wide and we've slept in it since 2007. We got up sometimes of course.

FeelingSmurfy Tue 30-Aug-16 20:50:04

I wouldn't want to every night, but for a few nights away from home it's fine

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Thu 01-Sep-16 09:37:00

Oh brilliant thank you. It really would only be used for a night or two and the extra space in the room would make such a difference!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now