Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nail clippers for children!

(5 Posts)
tomfletch60 Tue 16-Aug-16 16:03:24

Hi mums (and dads)!

I'm after some advice, I've developed a nail clipper for kids that looks like a snail! It's called 'snail that nail' and is aimed at making day to day health care fun for kids. The idea that the snails mouth nibbles at the LO nails and can used for role play to take the stress out of nail cutting. It's in its early stages and I just wondered if any of you had heard of this before? Or if you had any thoughts on such a product?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is in the wrong place (topic!)

Tom

GobblersKnob Tue 16-Aug-16 16:20:57

It's nice bright colours, but I can't see how it looks like a snail, sorry, it looks like funky measuring cups.

It's not something I would have purchased, I bit my kids nails of when they were tiny and then just used my clippers when they were bigger (nothing on earth would persuade me to bite their nails now) wink Have never had any problems doing them whatsoever.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 16-Aug-16 16:25:16

Hate to break it to you but I bought something really similar about 11 or 12 years ago!

Hamsolo Tue 16-Aug-16 16:26:38

We have the stylfile which works brilliantly. I like the mechanism of the stylfile and the viewing window is very useful. The overlapping blades work really well. I probably wouldn't buy yours. I don't want to encourage the kids to want to get their hands on them!

tomfletch60 Tue 16-Aug-16 16:46:32

Thanks so much for the replies.

I should of really uploaded a better photo of it looking like a snail! I will do tomorrow when I have access to better images.

I think they did have something similar years ago and there are lots of cutters out there already with magnifying lenses etc but I'm not trying to introduce a ground breaking product, I'm trying to help ease the stresses of cutting nails/brushing teeth etc by introducing role play. My LO hates cutting his nails, he would get very nervous so I pretended it was a little snail who was hungry. Gave it a name and let him put stickers on the side of its shell. He then sat happily (and still) whilst I clipped away. The nails are caught in side the shell of the snail (nipper) so then we opened it and threw them away. This sort of role play can be applied to any difficult to do job, imagine a tooth brush shaped like a snake!? I don't know thinking on my feet here!

As for encouragement I'm sure you'll agree kids don't need any encouragement around anything remotely dangerous! When I was 3 I drank my dads home made wine from the demijohn! I always seemed to find the most dangerous thing in the kitchen! Thanks again for your comments, it all helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now