Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

I keep killing stick blenders

(7 Posts)

We make a lot of soup. I've killed a Bosch, a Morphy Richards and a Von Shef. Can anyone recommend one that lasts over a year before falling apart or burning out? Ideally I'd like one that can manage pesto, and blending frozen bananas into faux ice cream, but I accept I probably don't have the budget for those!

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 04-Aug-16 23:12:21

Do you use them in v short bursts or do it in one go?

I tend to do it in one go. About 8 pints worth in a big pan. Is that why my blenders keep dying?

LakeFlyPie Thu 04-Aug-16 23:21:55

I've got a Braun one which is still going strong after more than 5 years (I'll blame you if it dies tomorrow!)
I use a food processor for frozen banana ice cream though, maybe that's the killer.
My stick is mainly used for soups and smoothies (frozen bananas but with milk to aid the blitzing)

Stevefromstevenage Thu 04-Aug-16 23:23:27

I think stainless steel is the way to go, only because I keep killing plastic ones and far away hills seem greener.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 04-Aug-16 23:35:11

I think it might be! Mine v v elderly Braun had instructions to use in short bursts. It's at least 15 years old

Sheezus Thu 04-Aug-16 23:51:28

My Braun is 15, I'm shocked to admit that!
It was one of the first things I bought when I moved in with DH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now