Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Soap dispenser (kitchen)

(5 Posts)
malin100 Sun 22-May-16 20:27:34

We have a soap dispenser in our kitchen, it's a Simple Human battery operated piece of crap (I didn't buy it, and I hate it). If it's not running out of battery every 5 minutes then it's stopping working for no reason. It now appears to have given up the ghost.

Do I replace with a standard soap dispenser or just get normal plastic soap bottles from the shops? I like the refill packs because they're cheap and more environmentally friendly but can't see a non-bathroomy soap dispenser that I like.

Any recommendations? The house is a cottage so nothing too modern, and in terms of colours, cream to go with kitchen units or 'clay' to go with Garden Trading clay washing up organiser that it will go into.

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 22-May-16 20:47:51

I have no idea about proper type dispensers but I like foaming soap dispensers because the dc make less mess so I bought a couple of method foaming hand washes and I refill them myself. Works a treat, cheap and eco friendly. Just not that attractive grin

Behooven Sun 22-May-16 20:53:52

On my wish list (when we next decorate) is a French Soap thingummy - like this. I saw it in James Martin's kitchen and it looks great with no ugly bottle.

Moogletea Sun 22-May-16 21:02:30

We have one of these - umbra penguin dispenser. Fill up when you need to - can use your wrist /side of arm to dispense if you have mucky hands and available in all colours

malin100 Mon 23-May-16 21:14:19

Ooh I do like Method, might just try that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now