Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help me figure out what kitchen mixer/food processor to buy

(7 Posts)
northender Sun 01-May-16 13:37:56

My mum has had a cash windfall and has offered to buy me a mixer/food procesor (budget max £500 shock)
I currently have a family heirloom 1960s Kenwood Chef which is reliable but very basic, a hand held electric whisk and a braun sick blender.
I am a keen home cook & baker but feel slightly overwhelmed by the variety of machines out there. Function is my main priority, not how it looks & I don't need something that cooks as well.
I've had a food processor in the past & like the idea of the chopping/grating functions but don't have masses of storage space (Kenwood is currently out on the worktop)
I'd love to hear your advice/experiences.

SecretSpy Sun 01-May-16 13:40:41

I've got a kmix and I love it. I waited for a good offer. I'd have gone for a kitchenaid but it was just too spendy. Beautiful though.

northender Sun 01-May-16 13:46:13

Thanks secretspy so that's the same as a chef but without the liquidiser/blender attachment?

GinThief Sun 01-May-16 13:47:03

I have the kenwood prospero which is way under budget but it does everything you want plus it is not as big as some of the other food processors i looked at. Makes great cakes and really easy to grate cheese, chop veg etc.

Link

howtorebuild Sun 01-May-16 13:48:02

Lakeland has money off their Kitchen aid range.

northender Mon 02-May-16 07:48:38

Thanks I'll look at those too. I just want to make the right choice smile

SecretSpy Tue 03-May-16 07:42:08

I tried a prospero when we all got one (they were on offer in Sainsburys iirc and lots of mners got one) but I didn't like it and took mine back. I don't need a food processor though, I only do a bit of baking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now