Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Spiralizers?

(9 Posts)
PurpleAlerts Thu 14-Apr-16 16:26:52

These seem to be all the rage. There seem to be loads on the market. I am thinking of buying one. I have a cheapy pencil sharpener type thing but its rubbish. Looking to spend around £25-30
Recommendations please!
TIA

HelenF35 Thu 14-Apr-16 16:34:48

Following

PurpleAlerts Thu 14-Apr-16 22:57:10

Bumping

Newquay Fri 15-Apr-16 08:22:33

Me too following. From memory someone said the Hemmel one wasn't all that?

PurpleAlerts Sat 16-Apr-16 23:34:35

No body?

CointreauVersial Sat 16-Apr-16 23:38:39

Here's mine.

It's very sturdy and easy to use, but boy does it give you a workout. Courgettes aren't too bad, but I was exhausted after attempting a sweet potato. That's pretty much all I've used it for.

PurpleAlerts Sat 16-Apr-16 23:40:50

Thanks! I heard that the vertical ones are supposed to be easier! Anyone have any views on the Lakeland one? I have heard they are supposed to be good?

user1467975542 Mon 11-Jul-16 15:49:52

Hi, I love Spiralizers so much - literally can not get enough of mine! The Hemsley and Hemsley is a good choice for your budget, but if you're willing to spend a bit more I'd definitely get the Gefu Spiralfix Spiralizer - it's vertical system makes it so much easier to use than other spiralizers! I've recently written an article about the Best Spiralizers - I hope it can be of some help! features.shopomo.com/home-garden/kitchen-appliances/5-best-spiralizers-2016/

ToastMakesMeHappy Mon 11-Jul-16 15:58:44

I got one for £10 from eBay and it works a treat, has suction cups that stop it from moving around on the kitchen side. 3 different blades.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now