Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

dishwasher Bosch vs Siemens

(17 Posts)
Chilliandbanana Sat 02-Jan-16 14:24:01

We need a new dishwasher and I have narrowed down my search to a Bosch or a Siemens. I like the 5 year warranty from Siemens but have no experience of their customer service etc so any advice from any owners of either appliance would be appreciated. Thanks.

RomComPhooey Sat 02-Jan-16 14:28:34

We fairly recently replaced our Bosch with a similar priced range Siemens. The Siemens is nowhere near the old Bosch in quality - ticky tacky feel to it, plastic inside rather than stainless steel. It gets our dishes clean well enough, but its not as solid. Can't comment on longer term reliability as we've only had it for a year.

Chilliandbanana Sat 02-Jan-16 14:30:51

Out of interest what model Siemens have you got?

CointreauVersial Sat 02-Jan-16 14:35:37

We bought a Bosch for reliability, but it has gone wrong twice within a few weeks of coming out of warranty. Needed a new element and a pump, then a second element, both issues caused by degraded seals. I threw such a hissy fit about the first bill (over £200) that the engineer "made some calls" and got me a reduction.

It's annoying; the previous one was Zanussi, and kept going until it literally fell to pieces.

Having said that, my supposedly reliable Miele vacuum cleaner also went wrong (within warranty this time), so maybe it's me!

RomComPhooey Sat 02-Jan-16 14:40:39

I will check later when I get home.

ouryve Sat 02-Jan-16 14:42:18

They're the same company!

MarieJeanne Sat 02-Jan-16 14:44:29

Siemens/Bosch/Neff are the same company

Chilliandbanana Sat 02-Jan-16 14:45:12

Thanks Romcom

MarieJeanne Sat 02-Jan-16 14:45:31

That said, I have a Bosch which I'm very happy with.

Chilliandbanana Sat 02-Jan-16 14:46:11

Thanks Marie

RomComPhooey Sat 02-Jan-16 19:00:34

Our Siemens is model SN25M831GB.

RomComPhooey Sat 02-Jan-16 19:10:37

I know they're the same company, but our Siemens definitely feels like a lower spec version - it is made of cheaper materials, the cutlery basket is less robust etc.

VeryPunny Sat 02-Jan-16 19:16:28

My parents' first Bosch lasted nearly 30 years - it's Bosch replacement lasted less than 2 with numerous callouts to engineers. Not what they used to be.

originalmavis Sat 02-Jan-16 19:19:19

We've just replaced our neff with another neff which is Bosch or AEG (I forget which). The old one lasted donkeys and really easy to troublehoot.

Chilliandbanana Sat 02-Jan-16 20:36:24

Thanks all. We had a trip to JL to see the models and there seems no difference between the Bosch or the Siemens models we saw apart from a different drying technique. We are thinking about the Siemens for the extended warranty.

RomComPhooey Sun 03-Jan-16 09:06:54

I would order from Appliances Online (ao.com) rather than JL, who were absolutely dreadful with our dishwasher. After 3 fuck-up, abortive JL visits and a month (over Xmas) with no dishwasher, we paid our local plumber to do it & JL refunded the delivery/installation fee. Their customer service was atrocious. When I moaned about it on MN, there were a lot of other people with similar JL experiences.

Mrs52 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:29:10

-=

l.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now