Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

iPad mini.or full?

(13 Posts)
life1000 Sun 23-Feb-14 10:08:34

iPad mini.or full? this is for me, I am a parent

YouAreTalkingRubbish Sun 23-Feb-14 21:18:44

Depends....
Budget?
What will you use it for?
Will you type on it, browse on it or watch TV?
Do you have a laptop?
Are you going to take it out the house a lot?

nutcasenan Fri 14-Mar-14 10:40:27

If you want to read books then get the full size one. It's easier to type on full size one. My sister -in-law has the small one and I thought "what a shame". You can do so much on the I pad that is better with larger screen. Download tv programmes etc which you can watch in car etc. hope you enjoy it.

RescueCack Fri 14-Mar-14 10:45:10

I got the mini as I find DHs full size one difficult to hold up and read (it needs 2 hands). No regrets - I love it. And because it's smaller, it's always in my handbag which means I always have something to read. DH never seems to bring his out of the house.

ellyzaz Sat 10-May-14 14:22:18

If it will stay in the house mostly I'd say go for full! But if you want it out and about too then the mini for sure

ThermoLobster Sat 10-May-14 14:25:39

I went from a normal size original which died to a mini. Ignoring the better technology, the mini wins hands down. More comfy to use. Light to carry when you are out and about. Usability not impacted by size at all. In fact I prefer typing on it and I have big fingers!

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 25-May-14 21:08:30

Much prefer my mini.

beccajoh Sun 25-May-14 21:25:33

I much prefer the mini. Can hold it one handed. The full size on is huge by comparison. I have to sit it on my lap and use two hands.

isitsnowingyet Sun 25-May-14 21:28:51

Love the mini one. Blissful to watch TV programs/i-player stuff

Waswondering Sun 25-May-14 21:29:02

I love my mini. Much prefer to dh full size one. It fits in my bag easily too. smile

OwlCapone Sun 25-May-14 21:33:08

Full. I would never have a mini.

The full size is excellent for everything - typing, watching programmes, MNing on the desktop site, looking at photos, taking notes with a stylus...

OwlCapone Sun 25-May-14 21:34:17

I take mine out and about and can hold it in one hand.

LilyRose88 Sat 14-Jun-14 12:11:03

Mini without a doubt. Typing is easy, I can watch TV and films on it and it is easy to hold. The full is not as portable and the larger screen doesn't add that much to the user experience in my humble opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now