Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cordless vacs anyone got one they could reccommend

(7 Posts)
mrsfossil Fri 14-Feb-14 13:36:10

My house is also a B&B and has lots of stairs so to save tripping over wires and keep un plugging, wondered whether a cordless vac would be the answer to my prayers.

philden Sat 15-Feb-14 08:19:48

I recently bought a GTECH great for quick clean ups, mine is basic model but they do a range - also I think Lakeland sell them and sometimes they have offers

HelenHen Tue 04-Mar-14 21:13:24

I've got a Dyson animal 34 and its a pain in the arse, attachments are useless and it keeps cutting out, would not recommend!

SweepTheHalls Tue 04-Mar-14 21:15:10

Watching as I really want a cordless dyson but don't know if I can justify it!

We've had the Dyson DC59 for a few months and are pretty pleased with it, the main problem for us is storage next to a plug socket, we keep our proper vac under the stairs but no electricity there. We use it about half and half full length and as a short hand-held, it is a bit fiddly to change the attachments. It also fills up very quickly, we can do the whole house on one charge but need to empty the cylinder halfway round (we have cats). The construction feels a bit flimsy, I keep expecting the cylinder part to crack. If anyone has long hair you need to clear out the rollers fairly often too, and wash the filter monthly. Ours was effectively free as we paid for it with Nectar points, don't think it's worth the £300 it costs to be honest. It is SO handy compared to getting out the big vac though. Picks up cat hair well too.

teacherlikesapples Tue 04-Mar-14 21:29:27

We love our dyson. My husband actually initiated the purchase as he was impressed with the design/mechanics of the thing. He uses it more than I do!

mrsfossil Fri 07-Mar-14 11:48:37

Thanks all, I have a normal dyson with a cord and its had 2 new hoses and the motor repaired so I feel that maybe they aren't so reliable. Have been looking at the new GTEC, trying to find some reviews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now