Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Dyson or Henry? Go!

(72 Posts)
wigwam33 Tue 07-Jan-14 19:57:47

As the title said really. We bought a dyson hoover about 4 years ago and it has needed repairing so many times I'm starting to give up and want to replace it altogether. When it's working well, the suction is very good and I don't want to lose that.

Advice?

ancientbuchanan Tue 07-Jan-14 20:06:02

I loved my Dyson but it didn't last long.

My Henry copes with moulting dog, careless husband, the sort who doesn't notice that he has brought most of the park in when he has walked the dog, and teenager son.

What more do I need say?

ViviDeBeauvoir Tue 07-Jan-14 20:26:01

Henry is amazing.
I had a Hoover before and thought my carpets were clean but when I got Henry I realised how wrong I was!
Not only are they cleaner, the pile has also come up beautifully and they look almost like new carpets again.
His suction is fantastic too.

Best thing about him is that my 3 year old DS loves him too so I can get him to vacuum up while I sit back and relax! wink

tshirtsuntan Tue 07-Jan-14 20:30:39

I had 3 dysons in 2 years, all broke. Henry has been fine for 7+ years, my money's on Henry grin

ancientbuchanan Tue 07-Jan-14 22:31:47

I find it interesting that in most of the offices I visit, Henry is the most usual Hoover. That was what persuaded me and I don't regret it.

anothernumberone Tue 07-Jan-14 22:32:49

Henry, Henry, Henry <chant>

Cocolepew Tue 07-Jan-14 22:33:31

Henry. He's ace.

Emmaistired Tue 07-Jan-14 22:35:39

We have Henry's pink sibling Hetty as she was over £20 cheaper and is in all over ways identical We love her

RayPurchase Tue 07-Jan-14 22:40:30

Henry is a bastard. Buy a Dyson!

simpson Tue 07-Jan-14 22:41:37

Another one with a Hetty because she was cheaper. She is going strong after 4 years.

Tractorandtree Tue 07-Jan-14 22:43:12

Neither - get a Miele much better than either IMHO

Miele here too. Used the office Henry today and was deeply disappointed.

Miele.

But would choose a henry over a dyson which I think are utterly shit.

Onefewernow Tue 07-Jan-14 22:46:49

Henry. Better than any if the dyson models I've had. And I do not miss the regular de/clogging either .

sillymillyb Tue 07-Jan-14 22:47:07

I have a tesco Hoover so don't feel I can join in, but did have to giggle as I thought this was a baby name thread at first glance grin

Sorry. As you were.....

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Tue 07-Jan-14 22:47:08

Thought this was a baby name thread.

Anyhoo, I've had a Dyson for years, can't complain.

Onefewernow Tue 07-Jan-14 22:47:12

Of not if

Pumpkintopf Tue 07-Jan-14 22:47:52

Definitely Miele, having had/used all three.

lanbro Tue 07-Jan-14 22:54:51

We have a car valeting business and only use Henry! They are used for 5 or 6 hours a day and are very reliable!

SpinCycle Tue 07-Jan-14 22:58:15

Henry. 12 years and counting in our house. Have had to replace various parts (usually brushes, which you can find generic versions of cheaply at markets) but he will pick up anything, and doesn't object to the odd tumble downstairs grin.

JacqueslePeacock Tue 07-Jan-14 22:59:34

Ha, I too thought this was a baby names thread. I was just thinking that Dyson is quite nice.

Dromedary Tue 07-Jan-14 23:00:20

Why has Mr Dyson (that supposed design genius) not yet worked out how to attach the hose so that it doesn't come out every 2 seconds? I've had a couple of Dysons (like the strong suction and anti-allergy stuff), and they just fall apart in your hands. I make sure I buy them with a replacement type guarantee, which I don't normally bother with. Hate emptying them too.
Still haven't worked out how to clean the filter. Does anyone know how?

Dyson, mine is years old and still going strong! Have used Henry's lots of times and am always unimpressed!
We have the compact animal dyson not a tall type one.

Throughthelongnight Tue 07-Jan-14 23:10:15

Had a dyson, much prefer Hetty. It's like having a little pink friend to help with the cleaning, and she never lets me down!

Bettercallsaul1 Tue 07-Jan-14 23:10:22

Don't forget Hetty - the pink version of Henry! I just bought one of these for my daughter because she thought it was so cute (and the Hoover in her rented flat was terrible!) Don't know if she's actually used it yet, but she and her flatmates love her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now