Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Bosch appliances?

(10 Posts)
MelodyLee Sat 04-Jan-14 10:00:53

Hi - we're about to move house & need to buy a new washing machine, condenser tumble dryer, frost free fridge freezer and dishwasher. We can't afford to spend loads of money (sadly no Miele for us!) but need to know it's good quality and reliable.

Have heard Bosch are meant to be a fair bet, has anyone had personal experience of them? If so, any particular models recommended? I find all the online reviews very confusing and find it best to hear direct.

Many thanks!

CookieLady Sat 04-Jan-14 10:04:34

I've got/had fridge and it was v v reliable. When I've had repairmen out for other appliances they ways recommend getting Bosch.

addictedtosugar Sat 04-Jan-14 10:10:59

I've just retired my 10 yr old Bosch washing machine.
It sounded like the bearings were going to go soon, and I've changed it for a machine with cooler washes, lower water usage and greater energy efficiency.
I replaced it with a bosch.

LadyGreenTea Sat 04-Jan-14 10:17:40

We have slowly but surely migrated to Bosch machines over the last 10 years - fridge freezer, 2 dishwashers and a washing machine. Although the dishwasher broke (after 8 years), we still replaced with another Bosch one. Very reliable ihmo and not horribly expensive.

Givemeyouranswerdo Sat 04-Jan-14 10:18:21

All my white goods except my cooker are Bosch. I researched them all online, particularly Which? and then customer reviews, it just worked out that way. I don't want to tempt fate by saying how totally reliable they have all been but ... no extended warranties and no repairs, had them for years. I love 'em. Get best you can afford and shop around for deals.

MelodyLee Sat 04-Jan-14 17:53:29

Many thanks for your comments - very reassuring to know they are a good choice!

CarrotCakeMuffins Sat 04-Jan-14 18:05:31

I have had a Bosch washing machine for 8 years, and a dishwasher for 3. No problems with either, and very happy with them both. Go for it!

Rummikub Sat 04-Jan-14 18:08:52

Bosch dishwasher classix and Bosch washing machine.

If anything does go wrong, then their helpline is marvellous.

We did much the same twelve years ago - new cooker, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and drier. We worried that they'd all break down at the ten year point, but three appliances are still going. smile Here's the record:

Zanussi dishwasher - lasted 10 years, but it was always noisy and badly configured. Replaced, gleefully, with a Bosch.
Bosch washing machine - 11 years. Replaced with a slightly more upmarket Bosch.
Servis freezer - 13 years. Replaced with a Beko frost-free, which I love due to the frost-freeness. grin
White Knight drier - still going, although one element has gone so it is permanently set to high but dries on low.
Scandinova fridge - still going, and long may it continue as it's the only model that will fit the space!
Leisure cooker - still going after a couple of element replacements (and one of the lights has gone, and the drawer come off its runners).

Conclusion - Bosch are ace (wouldn't go elsewhere for washing machines) but you can get huge mileage out of cheaper brands.

philden Tue 07-Jan-14 07:33:53

I have had Bosch machines which all lasted many years EXCEPT
Had AEG washing machine that went on almost forever but when it finally went replaced with Bosch and oh so disappointed
It had 2 year guarantee and at 25 months decided to play up
I was desperate so just went for whatever could be delivered in a hurry and ended up with Whirlpool just coming up for 2 years now and no problems
Maybe I was just unlucky or maybe like everything else they just don't make them like they used to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now