Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Advice/recommendatio n for a new printer

(4 Posts)
bmxwidow Mon 30-Dec-13 13:31:11

Can anyone recommend - I am after a new printer which does the following:
Prints in either b&w/colour
Can print/scan/copy
Not expensive for ink and most importantly does not stop working completely if any one of the colours runs out (can always print in b&w if a colour runs out but my current printer does not allow you to do it - very annoying!!!). Thank you in advance.

TexMex Sat 11-Jan-14 19:43:40

Watching with interest! I also want one that's wi-fi so can keep in a cupboard as have lack of storage! Anyone got any ideas?

dizhin79 Wed 22-Jan-14 10:12:22

not sure about the continuing printing of colour runs out but we got a great, v neat one from amazon, it's a canon pixma something or other about £55 ish, hth and is not too late for you!

ouryve Wed 22-Jan-14 10:21:58

Canon are good for printing costs. We have the MG5350 and I've only changed the cartridges once after over a year. It was having to print out over 100 pages for something that finished off the ones were in it and it was tolerant of ink running out and let you finish a print run after giving you the warning. It takes 5 separate cartridges, so you don't end up having to change your whole colour cartridge because you've been printing a load of blue stuff, or whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now