Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

will a standard king size sheet fit an ikea king size mattress?

(6 Posts)
piplypip Sun 13-Oct-13 10:48:43

Or should I go for a super king size sheet which sounds far too big. I dont like ikea sheets and hate going to ikea even more which is why i want to make life easier and buy them from John lewis or somewhere similar. We are already have the mattress but need new sheets.
Has anyone got experience of this?

bdbfan Sun 13-Oct-13 18:19:06

I have an ikea king sized bed and standard ks sheets are too small. Flat sheets might be ok but fitted just don't fit!

Dollybird86 Sun 13-Oct-13 18:22:00

I have an ikea mattress and my normal sheets have have always fitted maybe a bit snug but fine I bought new sheets from asda yesterday and they are a good fit. Hth

piplypip Sat 19-Oct-13 19:53:57

Thanks ladies. Dollybird are you using king size fitted sheets or superking?

piplypip Sat 19-Oct-13 19:56:01

bdbfan- do you just end up buying ikea sheets then or have you found an alternative brand that do the right size?
a) I hate going to ikea
b) have had real delivery problems from internet shopping with them in the past so thats out too.
Would love to find the right size somewhere else!

dizhin79 Sat 19-Oct-13 22:48:48

we have Ikea super King bed & mattress, we use normal s. king sheets smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now