Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Granite worktops

(5 Posts)
patacake1960 Sun 22-Sep-13 13:53:24

Does anyone know how prone to staining, scratching etc., these are? I would love to have these in my new kitchen but have been put off by the companies offering composite tops as they imply that these things can be a problem.

Trizelda Sun 22-Sep-13 13:56:04

Have had mine for 8 years and there isn't a mark on them. I just clean them with usual kitchen spray and once in a while use a granite spray.

patacake1960 Sun 22-Sep-13 14:09:51

Thanks I thought they were scare mongering a little. I have fallen in love with a particular one but have been hesitating. They particularly mentioned curry as a big no no together with red wine. Gave the impression that these would sink in. Have you had any experience of this?

Trizelda Sun 22-Sep-13 21:50:45

Ours is called multi red. It is browns and reds swirls but have never had anything cause staining.

TootsFroots Sun 22-Sep-13 22:08:50

There are a kabillion type of granite. Some are stronger than others and some finishes and colours show up scratches more than others.
I have had various types of granite over the years and have never had a problem with staining or scratching.
Mine have survived endless curries and red wine. grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now