Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

How old is your mattress?

(8 Posts)
Joycey29 Sat 29-Jun-13 20:35:00

We have a £499 memory foam mattress that is now 6 years old and beginning to be dippy!!
How long have you had yours and would you replace???

Ours is 9 years old, a bit lumpy on dh side, I can't wait to replace ours but its going to be after Christmas

Joycey29 Sat 29-Jun-13 21:07:38

Am keen to change but need justification!!

caroldecker Sat 29-Jun-13 22:35:11

17 yrs - still feels fine

Aetae Sat 29-Jun-13 22:47:05

7 years, has a bit of a dent in DH's side. We're planning to buy a house in the next year or so (currently renting) and the plan is to upgrade to a super king and relegate this one to guest bed. I can't wait to have a huge bed!

Aetae Sat 29-Jun-13 22:49:16

Apparently memory foam will do that if you don't air it (sheets off) very regularly and have a good mattress protector - damp stops its memory working, and people sweat while sleeping so you need to dry it out periodically.

Noggie Sat 29-Jun-13 22:49:52

Ten years old and whilst still comfy is a bit dippy too- but can't think when we will have the money to replace it!

UnrequitedSkink Sat 29-Jun-13 22:57:11

Ten years old from Warren Evans - still going strong! It's an odd one in that the padding on top of the springs seems quite thin, so you can feel the springs through it in places, but the mattress itself is still really supportive. We got a feather mattress topper and that's completely sorted the problem (as well as making my bed the snuggest place ever.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now