Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

steam mops - anyone know the Which? results? or what the best one is for large tiled rooms

(8 Posts)
ernesttheBavarian Fri 21-Jun-13 13:42:53

I am not in UK so I can't seem to get the which results. I need a steam mop for large tiled rooms. I have read some have small tanks and need refilling often. I have been looking for ages and can't seem to work out which one would be best to get.

Is getting one with extra (removable ) hand bit worth it, or is it better to get just dedicated floor cleaning mop?

Forgetfulmog Fri 21-Jun-13 13:45:05

Watching with interest as I want to buy a steam mop too, but have no idea which one!

ouryve Fri 21-Jun-13 13:47:22

I think there's been 2 mumsnet steam mop product tests, this year. I did the karcher one (it went down very well, but is a bit pricey - though there's a more basic one for half the price) but I can't remember what the othe rone was.

ernesttheBavarian Fri 21-Jun-13 13:49:10

I have read the whole thread! Thing is, it just talks about that particular cleaner. I was hoping for a comparison of all the ones available. Which? seem to have a good and thorough review but not being in the UK I can't get to it.

TerribleTantrums Fri 21-Jun-13 13:50:49

There was another thread about steam cleaners recently and a couple of people were raving about their Polti cleaners. I can't remember which others were mentioned. I'll see if I can find the thread.

jjbingo Sat 29-Jun-13 17:55:33

I like the Vax S2S Bare Floor Pro (reviewed on this website - www.groogr.co.uk/homeandcleaning/steam-mops-and-reviews). I can clean my kitchen, hallway and bathroom on one tank.

DramaAlpaca Sat 29-Jun-13 18:06:38

You can access Which? reviews only if you are a subscriber. If you subscribe you can access the website from anywhere in the world. I am outside the UK and "borrow" my friend's login if I want to access the site.

You could set up a trial subscription for £1 so you can read the reviews. You wouldn't have to pay any more than that if you cancelled within a month.

As for recommendations, I have a Black & Decker which includes a separate hand held steamer and I'm very happy with it. Its water tank gives enough steam to do the whole of my large kitchen floor, and the hand held steamer is good for small areas. It's this one:

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4069085.htm

Shadowintolight Sun 22-Sep-13 15:16:37

Can you use a steam cleaner on a marble tiled floor? Worried it will remove the wax finish and stain more easily. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now