Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Aerobed - has anybody got/tried one?

(10 Posts)
RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Wed 03-Jul-13 19:36:48

Have a single and a double. Absolutely love them. Dh and I have slept on the double one together and never thought that would be possible but both slept brilliantly.

Parisbanana Wed 03-Jul-13 19:34:29

We have one and sleep on it when the parents come to stay. Agree about putting a thin duvet on it under bottom sheet. Pump it up very firmly to stop a water-bed feeling!
It is great for a couple of nights, after 5 I am really ready for my own bed again. But I think that would be true if most temporary beds.

BeanoNoir Wed 03-Jul-13 17:49:16

Well my bil and mother have both slept on it and said it's a good bed. I like the fact it has valance and sheet so you can make it look like a proper guest bed. Worth the money to turn our lounge into an occasional guest room I think.

thenightsky Wed 03-Jul-13 17:36:49

We've got the double (not raised). We've had it about 20 years, from when they first came out. It's as good as the day we bought it re retaining air. Put a thin cheap duvet as an under blanket so it doesn't feel cold.

louisianablue2000 Wed 03-Jul-13 17:31:57

We have a single aerobed. They are fab but agree that they are cold to sleep on. I always put a woolen blanket under the undersheet that comes with the bed plus a flannelette undersheet on top of that. My Mum says that is enough to make the bed warm, she just has a standard duvet on top of her.

They are great at keeping firm and TBH if they lose a bit of air overnight it's not the end of the world because pumping them up is so easy, just press the button while still in the bed.

SanityClause Tue 11-Jun-13 05:43:36

We have two single ones. They are very good, but when you are sleeping on them, they can be a bit cold. I think because they are full of air, they not retain your body heat very well, so make sure guests have plenty of bedding.

BeanoNoir Tue 11-Jun-13 05:29:32

Thank you, that's really good to hear smile

I don't think the link's worked, but it sounds similar to the one we have - it's a double, raised one. Think it was either Platinum or Classic or something.

We have found it very good - ours is (now) in a spare room, so we actually had it permanently inflated for a long time, until DH let it down so he could move his weights in. It stayed pretty much 100% firm, and anyway is very easy to top up if necessary.

We've found it great - it's very fast to inflate, and I would say it is equally as comfortable as a reasonable double bed. Not quite as good as the best beds perhaps, but a totally different league to a "normal" airbed or most sofabeds. My parents have slept on it several times (in their 70s and with arthritis etc) with no problems, and we regularly used it as a spare bed when the DCs were small if one of us needed an uninterrupted night (well, usually DH, as I was BFing, so "uninterrupted" didn't generally apply to me grin)

The only thing my parents have mentioned was that it could feel a little cold from underneath, which they solved by putting a thin duvet under the bottom sheet. But I don't know whether that's really due to the bed, or because our spare room is above the (unheated) garage. Also DH and I never noticed it particularly.

We've since bought another single (but not raised - outdoor-style) aerobed for when we have lots of visitors, and I would actually really like to buy a further one if I ever see one on offer, we often have a full house at Christmas etc and I'm sick of wasting money on rubbish other airbeds that leave you on the floor in the middle of the night!

BeanoNoir Mon 10-Jun-13 22:49:58

Her not here.

BeanoNoir Mon 10-Jun-13 22:46:42

Have just ordered a platinum raised aerobed &range=Platinum here to use in our lounge as a guest bed.

We decided on this instead of a sofa bed, partly due to price but mostly because we don't want to replace our lovely sofa with a sofa bed.

I've read reviews saying it's just as comfy, if not comfier than a proper double bed. I wanted to know if any mners could give me a review - I trust it more coming from here.

I'm hoping dm can use it... I wouldn't feel happy having here on a regular low air bed, so hoping this really is as good as a guest bed.

Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now