Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Two singles or one super kingsize mattress ?

(5 Posts)
kipfeli Tue 10-Sep-13 10:08:10

Definitely two singles. We have an Ikea bed designed for two singles.

Demolicious Mon 15-Apr-13 12:24:26

I think I saw two singles on another post, seems sensible and practical especially as I like a firmer mattress than DH but agree, the join in the middle might be a problem. I was just curious if anyone else has gone this way. I saw zip linked mattresses on John Lewis website ages ago but couldn't see any today. These are a bit pricier I think.

I think our mattress would still be alright if we could turn it. There are two lovely valleys where our bodies have sunk in over the years - now even obvious with the duvet on !

Moomoomie Mon 15-Apr-13 09:33:02

I suppose you could go for two singles with a mattress topper over the top. I don't think I would like the ridge down the middle of two singles, or dd3 wouldn't as she tends to snuggle in the middle!

I never thought of two singles ! That would be fab, could get two single sheets and two single duvets and put a throw on the top, how much easier would it not be to change the bed!

Demolicious Mon 15-Apr-13 09:15:56

Our no turn super kingsize mattress is well overdue for replacement but I am not sure whether to go for two linked single mattresses or a normal full sized sk mattress. When we bought our current mattress from MFI - remember them ? - we specifically bought a no-turn as recommended by assistant, due to size and weight of mattress. However, I now think I should get something I can turn regularly for health,hygiene and comfort ? Any experience of two singles ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now