Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Two singles or one super kingsize mattress ?

(5 Posts)
Demolicious Mon 15-Apr-13 09:15:56

Our no turn super kingsize mattress is well overdue for replacement but I am not sure whether to go for two linked single mattresses or a normal full sized sk mattress. When we bought our current mattress from MFI - remember them ? - we specifically bought a no-turn as recommended by assistant, due to size and weight of mattress. However, I now think I should get something I can turn regularly for health,hygiene and comfort ? Any experience of two singles ?

I never thought of two singles ! That would be fab, could get two single sheets and two single duvets and put a throw on the top, how much easier would it not be to change the bed!

Moomoomie Mon 15-Apr-13 09:33:02

I suppose you could go for two singles with a mattress topper over the top. I don't think I would like the ridge down the middle of two singles, or dd3 wouldn't as she tends to snuggle in the middle!

Demolicious Mon 15-Apr-13 12:24:26

I think I saw two singles on another post, seems sensible and practical especially as I like a firmer mattress than DH but agree, the join in the middle might be a problem. I was just curious if anyone else has gone this way. I saw zip linked mattresses on John Lewis website ages ago but couldn't see any today. These are a bit pricier I think.

I think our mattress would still be alright if we could turn it. There are two lovely valleys where our bodies have sunk in over the years - now even obvious with the duvet on !

kipfeli Tue 10-Sep-13 10:08:10

Definitely two singles. We have an Ikea bed designed for two singles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now