Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Slow cooker- do I get one??

(8 Posts)
Joycey29 Sat 29-Jun-13 20:32:58

Yes - busy mum and could not live without it.
Use for:
Stews
Bol
Chilli
Curry
Soups,
Etc

Love it! grin

PestoSwimissimos Wed 29-May-13 15:58:09

I use mine a lot for things like:

bolognaise
chilli
curries
chicken chasseur
beuf bourgignon

And I always make more than we need and then freeze it in batches for days when I can't be arsed grin

janeward Wed 29-May-13 15:51:51

The best thing about slow cookers is that they dont have to be expensive for them to be functional. I picked up the cheapest one I could find (was about £12 at Argos at the time) and it does a fine job. If you want fancy metallic finishes and timers then you end up paying multiples of that. The other thing you need to watch out for is size. Larger families require larger slow cookers.

Stews, casseroles etc. there are a million recipes online for them. Dumplings are amazing in a slowcooker! I do whole chickens, gammon joints, pork chops. Love, love my slow cooker!

McPrice Wed 15-May-13 16:58:31

last night i cooked a stirfry but also chopped veg and kobanos bunged it in theslow cooker for todays dinner chilli veg and kobanos stew.. i love my slow cooker for beef stews and soups

MUMMYDUDE Sat 13-Apr-13 22:20:54

We have a slow cooker and it is a god send at times. It came with a small book of recipes for some ideas but you can buy special slow cooker recipe books. My hubby and I both work full time and often make something the evening before and then put the slow cooker on the next day. Spag bol, chicken casserole, chilli, rice puddings taste fab from the slow cooker. It's lovely on a winters day to come in from work and have dinner virtually ready. Can't recommend enough. grin

FacebookWanker Fri 12-Apr-13 21:32:10

I found ours really useful, but got rid of it after our fire (not caused by slow cooker). It just meant we could stu out a bit longer if we went out for the day.

I only used it for a little while as it stayed in its box for years until MN enlightened me. I cooked different types of casseroles and a bologniase sauce.

goldie81 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:21:48

I've been looking into getting morphy richards 6.5litre slow cooker. Has anyone any experience of this?! What kinds of things would you cook in your slow cooker? Any bigger ones? Got a big family and I childmind!
Advice please x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now