Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reasonably priced food processor mainly for cakes and veg chopping?

(14 Posts)
pollywollydoodle Fri 05-Apr-13 13:11:33

I want it mainly for making cakes and chopping veg

I don't need a blender/grinder as I have one already
I don't need it to be able to make dough as I have a breadmaker that I'm happy with

Is there anything else I'd use it for if I had one?

I'm more interested in function...not toofussed about how pretty it is

My kitchen is a decent size so it doesn't have to be compact but I don't have lots of cupboard space for storing loads of attachments

Can I get something decent for under ?100 ?

pollywollydoodle Sat 06-Apr-13 01:06:46

bump

pollywollydoodle Sat 06-Apr-13 10:28:23

shameless bump..

Pendipidy Sat 06-Apr-13 10:34:06

I would like to know the answer to this too. Someone must know! And can be bothered to write!

pollywollydoodle Sat 06-Apr-13 10:59:40

smile we could talk among ourselves until someone comes along....

pollywollydoodle Sun 07-Apr-13 00:35:14

last try for a response

mumof3wilts Mon 08-Apr-13 04:41:21

The tefal fresh express looks excellent

mumof3wilts Mon 08-Apr-13 04:42:14

Although thats more of a grinder sorry x

MusicalEndorphins Mon 08-Apr-13 05:21:51

Not sure about under a hundred pounds, you will have to watch for a sale, but here is an article with the ten best food processors.
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-ten-best-food-processors-1625687.html?action=gallery&ino=10

Food processors aren't really what you need for making cakes, although they are great for rubbing fat into flour for pastry and crumbles. I would suggest a hand held electric mixer for cakes and a basic food processor for the veg then you might be able to stay on budget.

I use a Kenwood Prospero for both, this is the most basic sort of stand mixer, but it also makes dough and has a blender, neither of which you need. I find it great though as it is just there on the counter ready to go and doesn't take up much space.

I have the Tefal Fresh Express and it is fabulous for grating veg/cheese. I hated my food processor for chopping veg/cheese as washing it up/changing blades was a faff. The Tefal is very easy to use.

I did buy the Cuisinart mini food processor as I needed something to make hummous and things like that for.

For cakes, I get the best results from a hand held electric mixer.

I do have a space issue and those three items take less space than my old food processor with all the attachments. They also work a lot better than my old food processor ever did.

pollywollydoodle Fri 12-Apr-13 14:32:07

sorry. have been away ...thanks for the ideas and the linkysmile

Pendipidy Sat 13-Apr-13 23:00:37

Sorry Polly, i missed your post. Have you got anything yet? Its quite a tricky decision i think.

pollywollydoodle Sun 14-Apr-13 20:49:59

no...just back from hols today...will have a look at the review link..the ideas that some would be good for pastry but an electric whisk might be best for cakes was helpful...we've got a hand whisk that i never think of using...needs some mulling...
are you veering towards any partic one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now