Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Place/Table mats needed, anyone see plain white or grey shiny?

(7 Posts)

Have got a 60's retro oilcloth on my table in the kitchen. My yucky old mats desperately need replacing and I have decided I want something plain white, grey or even cream, plain and shiny but I can't find any. Can anyone help please?

MildredH Fri 29-Mar-13 23:11:48

John Lewis are doing some nice, plain round very thin ?straw/?rattan ( not entirely sure this is the word I'm looking for!)

V nice range of subtle colours. They're much nicer than I'm making them sound & would def compliment retro style oil cloth..

Worth a look if you have one near you..

MildredH Fri 29-Mar-13 23:15:57

Ok, so according to JL they're paper. Sorry on phone so can't do proper link but here's website:

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/paper-placemat/p364544?colour=Cream&sku=231715689&un_jtt_v_dummy=yes

plusonemore Fri 29-Mar-13 23:17:44

I got some shiny cream round ones from dunelm

Ah! Dunelm sound like they have what I need. Thanks!

Found my way to Dunelm in Colchester yesterday and got the cream, shiny ones. Many thanks.

plusonemore Mon 01-Apr-13 23:18:51

super!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now