Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Would a compact dishwasher be any good for a family of 3?

(6 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 19-Mar-13 08:35:08

My friend has one and she has a DP and 2 DC and finds it helpful.

I have a slimline and just swap the pipes over with the washing machine when I want to use either as couldn't get hold of a Y-adapter. It works fine smile

MorphsMum Tue 19-Mar-13 08:33:10

Ok, thanks (sorry I went to bed early last night so only replying now). Still abit undecided though the consensus here seems to be no as we don't eat ready meals, though I slow-cook a lot and won't mind washing up the slow-cooking pot if that's all I have to wash. Couldn't fit in a slimline, only a table-top one that goes on the taps.

DeepRedBetty Mon 18-Mar-13 22:52:09

The sort that go on the taps, on the draining board or a work surface don't really make life any easier. Just take up space and take forever to do a tiny amount.

33goingon64 Mon 18-Mar-13 22:49:55

I have a slimline Bosch and we are a family of 3. We don't put pots and pans in, just crockery, cutlery, cups and glasses, utensils. It goes on every day now that I am at home full time but when I worked it was more like every 36- 48 hours.

gemma4d Mon 18-Mar-13 22:10:16

Do you mean a really compact (ie table top) one? Do you cook or eat ready meals? If you eat ready meals, it might be worth it. Anything else, I'd say no: no way you will get pots & pans in it, so you are going to have to fill the sink and wash up regardless. Even then, you would have to put it on twice a day absolute minimum.

If you mean slimline (which I have), then better than nothing but I still end up doing washing up daily as I can't get one days' dishes, cutlery and pans in it - and I draw the line at putting it on twice a day!

MorphsMum Mon 18-Mar-13 21:47:15

Renting and no room, need one that would attach to the taps.
There's me and 2 small DC - is it worth it?
I seem to spend hours washing up so think it would be, not sure how often I would need to have it on though.
Anyone got one and can advise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now