Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Breadmakers

(6 Posts)
Ellypoo Tue 05-Mar-13 21:14:16

Hi!
We are thinking about getting a bread machine and am slightly overwhelmed by all the choice grin

I think that one with a timer & ingredient measure thing would be good so we can set it before bed. Does anyone know what else we should look for/can you recommend a make or model for me?

Tia!!

They almost all come with timers. The one issue I have with timers is I that I can't set a timer on the dough programme, so I can't go out for the day and have pizza dough ready when I come back.

The make has to be Panasonic. I've had Prima, Breville and Panasonic breadmakers. The Prima was rubbish. The Breville was pretty good, but the non-stick wore out and I had to replace the mixing paddles and tins several times. Eventually I couldn't get a replacement tin.

So far, touch wood, the Panasonic is just going on and on. Although I've had it a long time, I haven't needed to replace any bits.

goldie81 Sat 04-May-13 23:10:21

I've had my panasonic for 8years!! Fab! Cost a lot initially butbetter than other makes

Afdy08 Mon 20-May-13 17:01:22

I have a Panasonic SD-206 and it keeps producing under-sized, very dense loaves. We have tried using more yeast and different flours, but no success. The spindle moves ok and likewise the paddle. It is about 15 years old, I think. Is dying on me from old age or is there some solution I could try.

Another vote for Panasonic. I've had mine for 5 years and have only had to replace the paddle because the non-stick was coming off. Still worked, just took more washing up! Makes at least 5 loaves a week.

Betty5313 Wed 29-May-13 18:30:18

we have the Andrew James one from Amazon. it gets a lot of use, once a day, because dd is allergic to soya so cannot have shop bought bread.

was about half the price of Panasonic and has similar features, raisin dispenser etc. nearly always turns out beautiful loaves. I'd highly recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now