Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Need a new oven - MN wisdom please

(7 Posts)
knitterati Tue 26-Feb-13 19:19:16

Have no idea on cost, but there was a lady on radio 2 the other day singing the praises of pyrolitic (self cleaning) ovens. On that alone, I'm sold! wink

indecisivemumofthree Sat 23-Feb-13 22:04:29

Hi do you need a built in or under? We had a Neff at old house that was fab until the fan stopped working after 1 year! We now have an inherited freestanding gas stoves that is "interesting" to use. Research research research is the key although can drive you nuts! Am hoping to replace my ancient workhorse with a range although DH wants a built under, so will watch this thread with interest!

feetheart Fri 25-Jan-13 09:42:27

Bumping for the daytime crowd - all ideas, thoughts, opinions welcome.

TIA

feetheart Thu 24-Jan-13 21:11:52

Hmmm, Neff one looks lovely but is over £900 so sadly out of reach.

We have also realised we need a grill in the top oven which looks like it rules out the very nice looking, and suitably priced AEG one.

Any more thoughts ladies?

feetheart Thu 24-Jan-13 21:02:37

Thank you, will have a look.

FlouncingMintyy Thu 24-Jan-13 20:26:47

I have a Neff built in double oven which does all those things and I'm fairly sure it was £600 or thereabouts from Appliances Online. Would recommend, and it got great reviews on the website.

feetheart Thu 24-Jan-13 20:24:32

Nasty Zanussi oven just blew its element again - 5th time in 10 years so it has to go (secretly grin) but I have no idea what to replace it with, I've never bought an oven.

Our needs are reasonably simple - built-in, electric, double oven, timer. We do a lot of cooking from scratch and baking so it needs to work. Budget - probably under £600

What do you have and would you recommend it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now