Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How 'retro' is your home?

(3 Posts)
hugohharrison Sat 12-Jan-13 17:12:11

Hello Mumsnet users!

As the majority of the time you lovely mums are behind the way your homes look and what is in them, I was wondering if you could help me...

I'm a student writing an essay on how for the past decade or so we have been gripped by everything retro. It is your collective opinion I feel would strengthen my essay more than any others. If any of you could give any reply to these next few questions it would be greatly appreciated!

1. Do you feel our homes have been gripped by retro items, from cookers to fridges, crockery and otherwise?

2. Do you have any items you would consider to be retro?

3. What do you think is the cause for this trend?

4. Do you think it will last? And if not, what next?

Thank you in advance for your help! smile

Best wishes,
hugohharrison

quoteunquote Sat 12-Jan-13 20:03:00

I have probably quite a lot of what would be considered "retro" stuff,

but our house isn't run of the mill,

lots of our furniture is hand me down, lots of it salvage from before such things became trendy,

we get featured in articles a lot,

but we build interesting houses, so our home is just a progression of our work.

I do have several workshops full of furniture I would love to fit in somewhere.

ClareMarriott Sun 13-Jan-13 17:18:23

Hugo

I'm only in my mid 50's but when I visit any vintage/retro places they are selling things that were in my house when I was a teenager !!! Also when you look at the items being sold as retro , the majority were made of good quality materials which have stood the test of time. Good luck with your essay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now