Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommend me a leak-proof water bottle, please!

(8 Posts)
Empross76 Fri 11-Jan-13 22:41:11

Would have put this in 'Chat' - which I couldn't find! Anyway, just as thread title says - I'm after a nice water bottle to carry around in my bag, to encourage me to stick to my New Years Resolution of drinking more water.
I had a bottle leak in my bag recently which killed my phone - over £100 to get it fixed.
So, I want a reliable one!
This week I bought an 'Aladdin' one claiming to be 100% leakproof. It was not. Gah.
Anyone know of a water bottle where the label doesn't lie?!
Thanks!

zumo Fri 11-Jan-13 23:14:32

I use Nalgene 500ml square plastic bottle, they are used in labs never leak cost under £5 each, not trendy but work well.
http://www.outdoor-ranger.co.uk/nalgene-hdpe-wide-mouth-square-bottle-500-p-13840.html?currency=GBP&language=gb

I often take milk to work with no issues.

Empross76 Fri 11-Jan-13 23:20:38

Thanks, will check it out.

ISingSoprano Fri 11-Jan-13 23:23:07

Dd has been using a camelbak daily since September. I was sceptical as it is quite expensive for a waterbottle but she has used it everyday without leakage.

BistoBearWithBaublesOn Fri 11-Jan-13 23:28:25

I can recommend a Sigg bottle, you can get them from Argos or Go Outdoors or Amazon. They are a bit pricey but they last forever and never leak. I've got one that I've had for 4 years and I've dropped it many time so the aluminium is battered and bashed but it still doesn't leak!

mamij Fri 11-Jan-13 23:34:01

I second the camelback as I've been using mine for about three years and no problem.

Empross76 Fri 11-Jan-13 23:54:13

Thanks all. Are they easy to wash, too? No dishwasher here and don't want anything with loads of fiddly parts. Some of my DC's beakers are like ruddy jigsaw puzzles to put back together!

ClareMarriott Sat 12-Jan-13 21:36:54

Iceland do the Hydr8 pack of 6 bottles for a £1 - never leak for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now