Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What sort of TV do I need?

(5 Posts)
neuroticmumof3 Sat 15-Dec-12 20:50:54

I'm after something that I can plug my laptop into and watch films on. The most important thing to me is ease of use. I don't want to have to have tons of cables trailing all over the place or have to access the back of the tv every time I want to watch a film. Does such a product exist? Reading product descriptions isn't helping as I don't know the technical words for what I'm looking for! Also not keen on going into a shop and asking as I will probably end up buying something I can't afford and don't want. I can only cope with electrical supply shops if I know exactly what I'm going in to get!

PeppermintonCandyCane Sat 15-Dec-12 21:34:22

We have a normal Sony flatscreen tv and I bought a lead in Maplins (very helpful staff in there btw) which connects it to the laptop. The lead does go into the back but we leave it plugged in and just connect the free end to the laptop when we use it.

Pantofino Sat 15-Dec-12 21:38:22

Something with an HDMI port - I would say - then you can get ONE cable to plug your lap top is - USP/HDMI cable. I get FilmOn.com on my phone and can plug it into the TV to watch UK freeview channels - excellent as I am not in the UK!

Pantofino Sat 15-Dec-12 21:41:16

We have a Samsung 42 inch tv with HDMI port.

neuroticmumof3 Sat 15-Dec-12 22:21:22

Ooh thanks everyone. I shall start looking. I wonder if prices are better now with all the pre Xmas offers or if it's worth waiting until after Xmas? The thought of buying something quite expensive and the price being reduced shortly after fills me with horror!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now